Review Simpsons Case Pure Badger

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
AOEPFa3.jpg

I've been using the Simpsons Case in Pure for a few months now, and it's a great little brush. It's one of the smallest brushes Simpson makes, and it's designed to fit in it own travel case (Simpson sell two sizes of travel tube and this is the smaller one).

The dimensions are - as per thesuperiorshave

• Weight: 43 grams (71g w/case)
  • Handle Diameter: 32mm
  • Overall Height: 84mm
  • Knot Diameter: 18mm
  • Bristle Loft: 40mm

Only three brushes fit in this size case. The Case, the Duke 1 and the Classic 1. The bristle density is also in that order. If you really wanted to travel with it the Case has the advantage of being the least densely packed of them, which aids drying time. I can shave the brush out and leave it and it's dry in a few hours.

The knot is short, and good for face lathering, which is all I use it for. It holds a good amount of soap for two passes, and a third at a stretch but it's certainly not the lather hogging mop that a bigger knot can be. I do find though, that most of the lather it does produce ends up on your face, not kept in the knot. I was looking at the Wee Scot but I'm not sure it would hold enough lather after using the Case.

I was intending to get the brush in Best, but they were out of stock and so I got it in Pure. For Simpson this isn't just a lower grade of hair, these are designed to be scrubby so it's sure different to the smooth cloud that a brush in best is. At first I found it too harsh for me liking, but it has settled down and I've got more used to it too. I find you can feel it most if you go for the third pass it's pretty harsh on sensitive skin. But otherwise if you like a bit more exfoliation it's Scrubbeee.

Very handy as a travel companion, a good balance between a great feeling brush that produces good lather, and something that's light, small and cheap(er).

Great review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. [emoji106]

Just in Case someone is interested in travel brushes/Simpsons

Great review!