SSD Drive has vanished again

gthomas04

...was Drubbing's first. AKA Captain Tightarse
Hi people,
For the second time my SSD drive has simply vanished into thin air. It has done this once before and came back from what the system called hibernation. I did copy all my photos off last time but all my "evaluation" software is on the drive.

Any clues hints or ideas I can try would be gratefully appreciated.

Glen

Never hibernate a machine. Ever. Disable any power 'sleep' functions etc.

One trick is to shut it down, unplug the power and attempt to turn it on. It will likely flicker for a moment but not start. Plug it back in and fire it up, see what happens.

And I bearing in mind what should be my extensive computer nous had never heard of a machine hibernating until this started to happen Is it a control panel thing?

control panel/system maintenance/power options. I also downloaded one of those PC optimisation programs. I'm sure the computer dudes here will start gagging and I didn't really want to do it but, after searching a few computer dude sites was led to believe it would fix a registry/start up issue I had. It didn't do that of course (they actually remotely fixed it so it wasn't a complete waste of money) but I do find my computer runs better using it occasionally.

There are free ones you can download which do the same thing. Check out this site (http://download.cnet.com/Warp-Speed-PC-Tune-up-Software/3000-18512_4-75701762.html). Costs nothing and it works.