Stirling Soap Company

And what ones did you get filo?
I got samples of Green Monster, Classic and Hex. And the larger tin of Anne dothingie (bay rum with lime twist?).

Seems like they are a twist on the classic scents- perhaps a bit of fun (which is in keeping with the packaging?).

German measles sign me up
I think I'm sending you a sample from each of the new parcels of soap I have coming. [emoji12]
Hmmm... Want one from the WSP Rustic soaps as well? I'm not sure how soft it is...

Sweet! Don't sell yourself short, those travel/sample tins are only 2 oz to start with.

Don't send hard soaps, they don't talk my language! WSP looks interesting if it's soft! As in.. Occams and Nannys soft.

Was this one included on your incoming container manifesto? Or an eleventh hour addition?

Was this one included on your incoming container manifesto? Or an eleventh hour addition?
Errr, not sure. Too many soaps to count. I think I've stated it all elsewhere.

Nick please feel free to copy my pm into the forum - too hard to type in my mobile...

An excellent PM from our resident expert on Stirling, @alfredus :
Many thanks for your trusting words - but I really don't see myself as an expert, just somebody who likes (most) of their products. So I only do essential oils - can't say anything about their fragrance oil line...My favourites scent wise are bay rum (very different to mikes - much sweeter scent, although I also love mikes) & bergamot & lavender. I also like Bonaparte, but my wife doesn't and don't mind lavender & sage, although the scent is a bit week on that one. I think you can easily compare the performance of the lather to Mikes, but it is way easier and faster to get there. Post shave wise I would also say the 2 are very similar - which one is better? Well always the one I have just used

I am just trying a sample of the electric sheep one - great performance, but surprisingly lags in the post shave feel. Not bad but definitely not as fantastic.

I also very much enjoy their alcohol witch hazel BTW

OK, my thoughts On Stirling Soaps here - Shave of the Day 2015

I think I agree with all - good lather, not the thickest but good, with polarising scents!

hmmmmmm yes that Filo is a worry going for Black Cherry. Between him and a few of the other youngns going for the Berry and Melon scented soaps it might need Drubbing and GT to compensate in the other direction. So perhaps a Blue Gravel/Roadmix scented soap or something with a little Asbestos in it! That'd even things out.

Now I joke but Stirling do have a 'Texas On Fire' soap that'd actually not be that far off those (from the Youtube review I saw).

Rod at Stirling is a generous bloke; he threw in the Black Cherry and Anise with the other samples I ordered. Very kind of him...to bad they ain't my (or anyone else's!) favourites. Why do you think they were PIF's?!?

I hear the Texas in Fire is very smokey in scent. Probably like the smell of a decent campfire.

I'll PIF the Stirling Anise to anyone who wants it. It'd be best to go to the person who really loves liquorice though!

I'll put the Cherry in the PCTB3 I think.

I'll put the Cherry in the PCTB3 I think.
Sounds good. I'm thinking that there will be very, very few people who would want the anise so it's best to find someone directly. I've got a lot more to throw into the P&CTB3 when it launches...

Ah, I was wondering if they were maybe tossin's from the Lovan's. Does make a tad more sense now.

PS That P&CTBv3 sounds like it's going to be great! :confused: :sick:

PS That P&CTBv3 sounds like it's going to be great! :confused: :sick:
Besides the Cherries and Cherry Stirling, the P&CTB3 will have some Shaver Heaven and Barrister & Mann soaps. So that'll balance it out quite well I'd say.
And @Mark1966 may be feeling mighty generous and include his MdC for us all to try. [emoji2][emoji106]

Besides the Cherries and Cherry Stirling, the P&CTB3 will have some Shaver Heaven and Barrister & Mann soaps. So that'll balance it out quite well I'd say.
And @Mark1966 may be feeling mighty generous and include his MdC for us all to try. [emoji2][emoji106]

You want to try some MdC?

You want to try some MdC?
Sure!
:Cautious: Are you offering to trade/PIF or is this a giant French carrot you're waving under my sabbatical nose...???!

Sure!
:Cautious: Are you offering to trade/PIF or is this a giant French carrot you're waving under my sabbatical nose...???!

It will be a PCTB3 inclusion then - don't worry about temptation!