Straight Shave Bengal update

Garry357

I have now had 6 daily shaves, my routine has been starting with the straight, then finish with the DE.

Using both hands, left is a little trickier to master.

Comfortable completing multiple strokes for a first pass on both cheeks and under the jaw line. I have also managed right side of neck and close to the goatee area.

The left neck / left hand is a little difficult, however I am progressing quickly, I must remind myself to slow down, getting a little too comfortable.

Since my first shave cut, I still haven’t had 1 cut or even a small nick, very happy about this.

Plan is to continue the way I am, not setting any goals, happy I am making good progress without any cuts.

Anyone looking at moving to straight shaving, I suggest you look at the PIF offered by @rbscebu , this is a great kit and an opportunity to experience the fine art.

Last edited:
Don't be afraid of a little blood. It doesn't hurt and only adds to the slickness :giggle:.

You are approaching your SR journey in a wise manner. All is good as long as you learn something with every shave. Don't forget to let us know when begin to wish that you had started SR shaving in your teens. For many, it is at about the 30 daily shave mark.