Straightest path to a Kamisori

Absolutely filobiblic, if time and circumstances allow I'm definitely in. There are also nice vintages straights out there as well, although some might need restorations it may be worth it in the long run as I've restored dozens of them, although I don't have super fancy scales yet just simple ones for now until I work out how to get buffalo horn, bone and snake skin through customs LOL (working on it and progressing)
Surely you could use some Aussie woods that are impervious to rot? I'm thinking Huon pine would be a winner but others too.

I'll join you both. Let me know in advance and I'd lock it in. I think @Mark may be keen too...
Shouldn't be confusing at all...three Marks in a workshop of four guys so far. ;)

Happy to contact Dean and find out if he can organise our own course or get a schedule post-August; as the current courses are 23-05-2015 and 04-07-2015. I'd suggest waiting until the weather is more tolerable, it's awful down here around then.

Surely you could use some Aussie woods that are impervious to rot? I'm thinking Huon pine would be a winner but others too.
Wood is easy and I found a few sources to fancy acrylic but I have my eyes on the others particularity horn and snake skin which looks awesome!

Wood is easy and I found a few sources to fancy acrylic but I have my eyes on the others particularity horn and snake skin which looks awesome!
It's always what you can't get hold of easily! [emoji6]

A blacksmiths in winter would be favourable.
Add another pending circumstances and really should look into a group discount after introducing him to here.

Crap, why am I reading this thread.

Wondering whether I should give this a try
<<===== races off to ebay to salvage what's left, before others catch on.

Hey,

what,

wait....

Have we gone from USING a kamisori and learning the new techniques from stropping to shaving to now talking about MAKING our own razors?

Zero to 100 in record time!!

Come on guys lets get really Neanderthal. We get dropping into the book with next to nothing and have to fashion our own razors from flint or whatever else we can find lying around. Roadkill stew would be a delicacy for dinner and we could come home and stick to a Paleo diet for the rest of the [sabbatical] year.

My head is still spinning - I should have stayed away as @Mark suggested!

Somewhere I'm sure we can find forge building lessons, and then we can build the forge that we use to make our own blades.

Coincidently, guess what I was viewing last night @Nonick ?
Yes, home made forges.