Suits

4134.png

(Rodney Smith, 1997)

I LOVE IT!!!!

My lodge has a lot of Scottish heritage so it’s lots of kilts, but practically despite having our own family tartan to dress properly in formal kilt it’s just a lot of extra kit.

As for wearing a suit, I went from wearing cargos, boots and a company polo- moved to a field which pays me double to start and gave me 6 months parental leave- yeah, I’ll wear a suit.

Despite being on leave I visited my office twice this week- once for a performance review and I had referred two people to the company for roles-
I stayed well away from the later but caught up with each for a coffee after.

pRNfaLn.jpg

This suit, tie, shirt and square I’m wearing all my came in at about $100 but it looks disproportionately good considering those jeans I post about here cost more than double that - I had senior partners and the companies owner come and chat with me and complement my attire to my manager- not a bad thing since we are in a bonus cycle, eh?

I get the whole suit aversion thing as I worked in trade for a decade but dressing well does make you feel good, gives you a little boost and does give a pretty positive vibe to those around you too, there’s no downside.

Last edited:
Despite being on leave I visited my office twice this week- once for a performance review and I had referred two people to the company for roles-

pRNfaLn.jpg

This suit, tie, shirt and square I’m wearing all my came in at about $100 but it looks disproportionately good considering those jeans I post about here cost more than double that - I had senior partners and the companies owner come and chat with me and complement my attire to my manager- not a bad thing since we are in a bonus cycle, eh?

I get the whole suit aversion thing as I worked in trade for a decade but dressing well does make you feel good, gives you a little boost and does give a pretty positive vibe to those around you too, there’s no downside.
Wearing a suit is a real secret of becoming a real gentleman and a real man, in a real true Masonic life and help you achieve your goals and a career path much stronger, if, you know where to look.

Wearing a suit is a real secret of becoming a real gentleman and a real man, in a real true Masonic life and help you achieve your goals and a career path much stronger, if, you know where to look.
Honestly, I just see it as a point of pride to dress to a standard suitable for the institution to which I’m in service too.
Be that my employer who puts a roof over my family’s head and food on the table, the department who I support on behalf of the Australian people or my Lodge who’s degrees have been valued by many of history’s best and brightest.

The personal benefits are numerous too as I have already expounded on.

pRNfaLn.jpg

Off the rack? Pretty good if so; cut doesn't look too bad in the shoulders so lucky that fits you well. Great shade of blue. If you're going to invest in a more suits I think wider lapels will suit you.

What!? Ppl aren’t trusting consultants now…
Sorry, I was being a bit mischievous. :)

For the record though, just about every job I've been in over the last 40+ years has been a shirt-sleeves affair. It's what you know (or can do) that's important, not what's on your back. The only time I was strict about dressing "up" was when I was a student at the Royal College of Music and playing my violin on the London Underground to keep my head above water in Thatcher's Britain back in the early '80s. I used to don the whole penguin suit then, but for concert halls shirts were usually enough.

Sorry, I was being a bit mischievous. :)

For the record though, just about every job I've been in over the last 40+ years has been a shirt-sleeves affair. It's what you know (or can do) that's important, not what's on your back. The only time I was strict about dressing "up" was when I was a student at the Royal College of Music and playing my violin on the London Underground to keep my head above water in Thatcher's Britain back in the early '80s. I used to don the whole penguin suit then, but for concert halls shirts were usually enough.
I was being cheeky too in light of the PwC scandal.

Tbh I’ve been in real estate and the auto industry and honestly I think it’s just that these arrangements attract egotists so while the industries have a lot of them not all in the industry reflect poorly.

Well, after 3 months I’m back to work on monday.
I have a couple MJ bale suits in the drop 8 fit, I was initially a bit concerned as they are a much slimmer fit but having spent the last 3 months with bub and training in the gym, now these bale suits look quite good however my other suits look like garbage..

Well, after 3 months I’m back to work on monday.
I have a couple MJ bale suits in the drop 8 fit, I was initially a bit concerned as they are a much slimmer fit but having spent the last 3 months with bub and training in the gym, now these bale suits look quite good however my other suits look like garbage..
How 'bout a clown suit? One size fits all... :ROFLMAO:

I'm reminded of Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys, who campaigned for mayor of San Francisco (and came 4th out of a field of 10), his manifesto including forcing businessmen to wear clown suits and setting up a board of bribery to handle liquor licences.

Last edited: