Sunny Melbourne

JugV2

Simply boring.
Im on a trip to see dad for his 60th.
Flew out midnight from Perth to Melbourne. I haven't slept in 24 hours and I have a five hour layover in Melbourne before a connecting flight to Launceston, then a drive to Hobart.
Falling asleep during in a coffee shop.

Im on a trip to see dad for his 60th.
Flew out midnight from Perth to Melbourne. I haven't slept in 24 hours and I have a five hour layover in Melbourne before a connecting flight to Launceston, then a drive to Hobart.
Falling asleep during in a coffee shop.

Henceforth you may be known as Jug WhipperSnipper or if you prefer WhipperSnipper Moderator. Anyone whos father is younger than me may also use the title.

I just looked out my window and sadly, the perpetual gloomy grey sky of winter has set in. What a bummer.

Five hours probably would've given you just enough time for a trip to MensBiz, but I guess that would be an expensive cab ride.

I met up with my brother who flew in from Darwin (and boy were his arms tired) he has Qantas business platinum access. So we sat about like a couple of toffs.
Just checked in to the Launceston Country Club for the night and then it's off to Hobart tomorrow.
The bad news: I had to bring a Mach 3 with me as I only took cabin luggage. Bought a boar and la toja cream too.
Syd you have met me;what on earth suggests I can get away with a purple skivvy?
Mong no time for men's biz unfortunately.

Last edited:
Dare I ask why fly into Launny to Drive to Hobart?

Shame you missed Mensbiz, Tassie is a shaving desert.

I met up with my brother who flew in from Darwin (and boy were his arms tired) he has Qantas business platinum access. So we sat about like a couple of toffs.

Dear me, you are not one of those ring ins that pollute my business lounge are you? It really should be restricted to Platinum FFs and MY guests only!

Took my son to MEL a few years ago to watch the AFL at the MCG. His enduring memories? All the TV stations on the hotel TV and the free food and drink in the business lounge!

The only time my kids don't complain about my travel now is in the First lounge on the couple of overseas holidays we have done since I've been Platinum :D

Anyway - enjoy your family time!

Last edited:
I had to see family in Launceston. Then drove to Hobart.

I take it your family don't like each other very much?

Darwin, Perth and Tassie are about as far away from each other as you can get and still be in Australia.

Even the Taswegian family are at the opposite end of the island from each other!

I take it your family don't like each other very much?

Darwin, Perth and Tassie are about as far away from each other as you can get and still be in Australia.

When I was a kid I used to travel from Hobart to Darwin for the school holidays to see my Dad, I now realise this means the divorce was probably not very amicable.

Even the Taswegian family are at the opposite end of the island from each other!
And for a Tasmanian that is at least a two day trip, driving to Launny and back in a day is unheard of. Actually, thinking about the condition of the midlands highway goat track it is quite an arduous journey.

Do computers still run on steam in tassie?
What is this steam you speak of? Our computers and powered by pedro the village Donkey who is on a treadmill at the end of the street the treadmill pumps the bellows which turn the screw to lift the weights. As the weights fall they put tension on the spring, it is all very simple really.

For the electrical interwebs messages we have a very large flock of homing Pigeons who delivery the mesages back and forth to the Mainland. This is why download sppeds can be slow, sometimes the Pigeons have a headwind and when data is lost it is because a pigeon has died on the way, most commonly by being attached by a Hawk or Eagle.

Hey Jugs do you have time for a beer when you are down? I don't have any suggestions where, I don't get out much, the above post probably explains why.

I wish I did have time for a beer but I'm at a family do tonight then tomorrow more family stuff then dinner then catching a plane home.

Last edited: