Swapped from the Proraso red to Cella green and my skin feels oddly tight after each shave

Question

I finished my tub of Proraso Red and swapped to the Cella Green (aloe vera) that I had picked up during a Connaught Shaving sale...and it's OK...except that after a shave my skin feels really dry and tight, which is odd because this soap is advertised for sensitive skin. Happened for the last couple of shaves so not a one-off occurence.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I will try the tub of Pantei Rei Zammu for the next couple of shaves to see if it works better.

You'll MUST have Mitchell's Wool Fat in your den, the global wet community calls it the FAT, MWF will make your skin feel softer and smooth as a
LK91Bde.gif

Edit: Unless you're not allergic to Lanolin, because, MWF has more Lanolin than any other soap on the market worldwide AFAIK.... Also you'll love Stirling Sheep not as strong as MWF in Lanolin https://artisanarcade.com/product/sheep-shaving-soap/

Last edited:
Oh MWF...actually, i remember having a similar issue with MWF...my skin would feel like it was burning after a shave and swapping to another soap fixed it. I remember someone here saying that i was probably allergic to something in it.

I finished my tub of Proraso Red and swapped to the Cella Green (aloe vera) that I had picked up during a Connaught Shaving sale...and it's OK...except that after a shave my skin feels really dry and tight, which is odd because this soap is advertised for sensitive skin. Happened for the last couple of shaves so not a one-off occurence.

Anyone else had a similar experience? I will try the tub of Pantei Rei Zammu for the next couple of shaves to see if it works better.
Some soaps will do that (actually, quite a lot), but if you use just a little bit of moisturiser immediately afterwards, it'll cease to be a problem. I'd suggest taking a look at this thread, your moisturiser doesn't need to be anything recondite.

Honestly, I was underwhelmed by the Cella green. I like the scent but the performance is miles behind the Cella Red. Cella Green is a lather that dries quickly on my skin and does not hold its hydration well as such residual slickness is not as good as other soaps. I feel I need to use double the soap to get it to perform even remotely well.
My Cella Red is at least 5 years old now (has the old label on the jar) if not a lot more and has changed colour and scent but still performs wildly better than Cella green.

I will have to give it another try next time but there are definitely better soaps to be had. The aftershave is top notch though.

Yea, the cella green is bad. I tried the pantei rei zammu and didnt have any problems with it. Pretty nice soap, better than the proraso red IMHO. Liquorice scent is too strong though.

I need to stock up on soaps again but now seems like a bad time ...i don't see any new year sales on soaps on places like connaught or amazon (or at least, the ones that will ship to singapore which is where i am currently). Do soaps not go on sale for the new year?