Thailand holiday

Pethdogg

Hey guys, I'm heading to Thailand in about a month and was wondering if anyone has been there and knows of any blades/creams/soaps or anything that they have there. I'n not spending much time mainland but instead going to lounge around the beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Pha-nang drinking Singha beer. It's a hard life really.
I'm only taking a small bag of carry-on luggage with me so I can't pack any blades. If I can get blades easily I will take my DE, but otherwise I'll just take some disposables. I've also read somewhere you can get a decent barber shave for a couple bucks. If that's the case I might just end up doing that every few days. Besides for that price why shave your own face when you can get someone to do it for you?
Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys, I'm heading to Thailand in about a month and was wondering if anyone has been there and knows of any blades/creams/soaps or anything that they have there. I'n not spending much time mainland but instead going to lounge around the beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Pha-nang drinking Singha beer. It's a hard life really.
I'm only taking a small bag of carry-on luggage with me so I can't pack any blades. If I can get blades easily I will take my DE, but otherwise I'll just take some disposables. I've also read somewhere you can get a decent barber shave for a couple bucks. If that's the case I might just end up doing that every few days. Besides for that price why shave your own face when you can get someone to do it for you?
Any help is appreciated.

Probably safer to use disposables if you are going to full moon parties and (foolishly) taking part in available substances.

PS it is all cheaper and less risky (and on guesthouse menus) to the north of the island.

Probably safer to use disposables if you are going to full moon parties and (foolishly) taking part in available substances.

PS it is all cheaper and less risky (and on guesthouse menus) to the north of the island.

Fair enough, although I won't be risking the repercussions of substances that might get me into a whole lot of trouble.
Even if it is on the menu.;)

It has probably exploded beyond all belief since I went there around 15 years ago anyway, so that is probably a good thing. I honestly can't remember much as I fear the buckets of thai whiskey, coke and red bull drunk through straws have done some permanent damage to my memory.

We went there outside of full moon, and got out as it was building up to it. It looked like it was going to get quite messy, and I felt too old to be doing that type of partying.

I think there's a variant of the Gillette Super Thin made in Thailand. Some people like these, some people hate them. If Thailand is anything like Vietnam, these will be available in chemists for very very cheap. I saw Dorco blades a lot in Vietnam too, you might find some of them.

I think there's a variant of the Gillette Super Thin made in Thailand. Some people like these, some people hate them. If Thailand is anything like Vietnam, these will be available in chemists for very very cheap. I saw Dorco blades a lot in Vietnam too, you might find some of them.

They're actually made in Shanghai for the Thai market these days (used to be made in Manaus, Brazil...)

I stand corrected! Do any good blades come out of Shanghai? I think I read somewhere that Flying Eagle blades are made there too.

I personally like the SuperThins... Remind me a lot of the NOS Gillette Bleue/Blue Extra (current incarnation is like a rusty beer can in comparison)

I'd just hoover up anything I saw to try (and/or PIF) :D

I personally like the SuperThins...

We must surely have tried different Super Thins, because the ones I tried from Vietnam last year were fairly average indeed. Almost a benchmark for what a razor blade shouldn't do!

Have you got an earlier bunch from a different factory perhaps?

This is probably what I'll do. If I find anything interesting I might do a PIF. It just depends on what's available where I am and how much bag room I have left on the flight home.

Keep an eye out for shaving creams like Godrej as they will be dirt cheap, and are pretty reasonable.

I wouldn't buy any Shogun, or Supermax blades if you find them.
shogun.jpgdouble_edge_full (Small) (Custom).jpg

Last edited: