The B3

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Somewhat out of sequence. The Blobby1 now reside with Glen and the B2 (Drubbings Semoque re-knot) is still in the making and the B3, by far the easier of the three, has jumped the queue.

Before and after shots. Decided to keep the brass ring because it just looks good on this one. Had to pay the price though because it meant reducing the actual size of the knot to make it fit. Lost about 10% of the hair and it looks more like a fan than the original bulb. Also decided for once to set the knot taking looks into account rather than my usual stumpy efforts to get a nice short face lathering job. Initially I thought that was a really bad idea as the knot is not really that dense and I was seriously dissapointed after the first couple of uses. However, now it's broken in it's turned in to really nice brush and I'm finding it hard to put it down in favour of another (always a good sign). The knot is an 18mm TGN Silvertip Grade A reduced to 17mm. Still would ahve preferred a bit more density but it works like a champ, is really soft and has more backbone than you'd give it credit for.

AAebaybrush_o.jpgB3 .jpg

Last edited:
WOW - nice work.

I'm not sure that 'Blobbie' fits though. Maybe Foxy, that is one nice looking brush!

Thanks Mark. It did turn out nice. I'm always a sucker for different looking handles. As with with all my re-knots (if needed and where possible), added a bit of lead shot in the bottom to add some more weight. Makes a lot of difference to how it feels and handles. And of course it doesn't keel over with all the lather in the top! It's a moot point if you bowl lather of course but is a consideration if you're putting it down upright in between passes.

Thanks Mark. It did turn out nice. I'm always a sucker for different looking handles. As with with all my re-knots (if needed and where possible), added a bit of lead shot in the bottom to add some more weight. Makes a lot of difference to how it feels and handles. And of course it doesn't keel over with all the lather in the top! It's a moot point if you bowl lather of course but is a consideration if you're putting it down upright in between passes.

The lead in the handle is the work of genius I say! What a brilliant idea to adjust the balance