The finished products sticky

Semogue BC Texugo officially finished. After using the 750 for a couple of weeks I tried it again this morning - I didn’t realise it was so bad! Poor thing won’t even make a lather anymore.

Still… I can’t remember what I paid for it, but it’s lathered every day for 6 years, that’s over 2000 shaves. RIP Texugo. You’ve been a faithful friend

Are you sure it’s finished? Did you use one part water and one part vinegar to completely remove all the soaps ingredient inside the natural hair, soak it for about 30mins and then also give the brush a good rinse and then shampoo to bring back the natural hair feel.

Or are you loosing too many bloody natural hair from the handle.

Last edited:
Are you sure it’s finished? Did you use one part water and one part vinegar to completely remove all the soaps ingredient inside the natural hair, soak it for about 30mins and then also give the brush a good rinse and then shampoo to bring back the natural hair feel.

Or are you loosing too many bloody natural hair from the handle.
The hair isn't bloody thankfully but yes it's shed over the years and lost all the body, just hollowed out the middle, I think it's done my friend, no amount of anything will resurrect it.

52813560065_87c79cf073_z.jpg

Finished DG/CL - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli

Great scent. I have the EdT, so I probably won’t replace the soap for now.

Good….. No move Nivea 💩 and start using my DIY Speedy aftershave cooking recipe.
I think I shall go back to the TND witch hazel for a while, but I shall not be adding tea-tree oil or any other nostrums to it. I have real tea-trees growing on my property, and the commercial oil just smells fake. Besides, I don't need any disinfectant.

I think I shall go back to the TND witch hazel for a while, but I shall not be adding tea-tree oil or any other nostrums to it. I have real tea-trees growing on my property, and the commercial oil just smells fake. Besides, I don't need any disinfectant.
You need something for disinfectant in case you may have ingrown hairs, acne and bumps because that watch tea tree oil does. Anyway, it's your bloody face and it's your choice.

You need something for disinfectant in case you may have ingrown hairs, acne and bumps because that watch tea tree oil does. Anyway, it's your bloody face and it's your choice.
Well, I don't. I haven't had acne since the early 14th century, I've never had ingrown hairs and bumps are just bumps. You either shave over them or through them if you don't mind the mess. If your skin is clean (which it should be after having lots of soap applied) you should have no need of a disinfectant.

5bk9bE5.jpg

Was alternating between this and my regular Nivea Post Shave Balm. Found out to my surprise (and sadness) that Neutrogena no longer makes the Hydroboost Gel Cream. Now it's only the Water Gel or the Nourishing Cream. I bought the Water Gel as a replacement. I wonder if mixing the two together would create a Gel Cream substitute...

5bk9bE5.jpg

Was alternating between this and my regular Nivea Post Shave Balm. Found out to my surprise (and sadness) that Neutrogena no longer makes the Hydroboost Gel Cream. Now it's only the Water Gel or the Nourishing Cream. I bought the Water Gel as a replacement. I wonder if mixing the two together would create a Gel Cream substitute...
If you're interested in going DIY, you could always try my homebrew moisturiser, which I find easily as good as the Neutrogena gel at a tiny fraction of the cost...

Fini Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier

Although I think @Mark1966 did 90% of the heavy lifting. Thanks again for the opportunity.

HamDfMI.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft - Rhodos 28mm G5C
Soap:- Le Pere Lucien - Le Savon du Barbier
Razor:- Smart Helix - Apollo Light - Aggressive Plate
Blade:- Astra SP (6)
Aftershave:- Stirling - WHAM