Too many forums

nosedog

At a quick glance, who needs
* Doctor's Office AND Shave University (wouldn't one of those be enough?)
* All the "Wardrobe" forums
?

OK, I thought I'd be able to list more than that.

Basic point: a small community doesn't need so many forums. More can be added as necessary.

The threads in The Waiting Room could easily be just part of General Shaving Discussion.

It should be easy to find the ones that matter. Buy/Sell right down the bottom?

At a quick glance, who needs
* Doctor's Office AND Shave University (wouldn't one of those be enough?)
* All the "Wardrobe" forums
?

OK, I thought I'd be able to list more than that.

Basic point: a small community doesn't need so many forums. More can be added as necessary.

The threads in The Waiting Room could easily be just part of General Shaving Discussion.

It should be easy to find the ones that matter. Buy/Sell right down the bottom?

I believe the forum template was a generic one. We've had a job most of the year to get RM to put a proper logo up. Still not happened.

It's fine as it is besides the logo etc.
If there's dead/quiet sub forums no big deal.
Doctors office is to post problems, shave university is for people to post tutorials.
Adding more later means a lot of work for whoever is going to move any topics in volume, and anyone who has bookmarked any will lose them.
Better to have more subforums now, and move them early one by one, than deal with it all later.

I had a smiley here, but drubbings powers deflected it off into the ether.

We've had a job most of the year to get RM to put a proper logo up. Still not happened.

Vision Collision 4.0 is kinda growing on me :)

It is the 468 x 60 Advertiesrment I'm waiting for!

I've lost count of the number of 468x60 ads I've bought now... I wonder if it's possible to buy one for Vision Collision 4.0? :blink:

Don't want to whinge but how hard can it be to put the words Paste and Cut where Vision Collision now sits. Sorry but it is a bit embarrassing.

Come now... I'm the Pom here on this here forum, whinging is my role... stop it right now or there'll be a strike over demarcation of stereotypical roles.

I often check in just to see if the 468x60 square has changed.

Much like an episode of the Young Ones when all they had was a dot on the tv and Rick wanted to stay up to see if it had changed...it's something you just gotta do.

I don't know guys, I think it adds a certain eccentricity to the site. After all we are a group of people who spend time covering our faces with a variety of chemical foaming products and then use really sharp implements to scrape it off again, often using very old implements of uncertain safety. We also spend large amounts of space dscussing the merits of what dead animals hair is better for putting said foam on. Looked at this way "Vision Collision" is the least of our worries.

i thought you were here to add a certain eccentricity to the site?

Ah yes,I can see how it might appear that way - one normal person amongst a sea of weirdness can make one appear the odd man out. But then I look around and what do I see - the man with 10000 blades and of course his companion - the man approaching 10000 razors. Then we have those who are obsessed with knots (when I first joined I thought it was some kind of bondage site). And of course we have the foam boys whose ambition it appears to be to create enough foam on a single brush to totally obliterate themselves from view. So yes I may be the eccentric one as all I do is collect any freebies going and quietly shave. (Must seem really wierd to the rest of you strange people.

Ah yes,I can see how it might appear that way - one normal person amongst a sea of weirdness can make one appear the odd man out. But then I look around and what do I see - the man with 10000 blades and of course his companion - the man approaching 10000 razors. Then we have those who are obsessed with knots (when I first joined I thought it was some kind of bondage site). And of course we have the foam boys whose ambition it appears to be to create enough foam on a single brush to totally obliterate themselves from view. So yes I may be the eccentric one as all I do is collect any freebies going and quietly shave. (Must seem really wierd to the rest of you strange people.

So what you're saying is you don't indulge, just hang around as a voyeur.

That's even more weird.

Funny stuff! I'm getting strange looks in the office!

So what you're saying is you don't indulge, just hang around as a voyeur.

That's even more weird.

Not at all - It is with the same fascination that makes people go to zoos to see the weird and wonderful. I mean the latest discussion on nipple exposure was truly fascinating! To think on this very forum we have lefties righties and even an all together now!
I just talk about the occasional shave.

To think on this very forum we have lefties ....

I hope not. Bloody commies, should be taken out and shot :mad:

Any commie leftie comes near me and I'll pull my Glock P4856 on them or if I run out of ammo in my custom made 123 round magazine I'll grab my CCW Sigrun AK47-23 from the custom tailored goat leather shove it down my crutch cause its comfortable and nobody will notice holster.

Of course I got the Sigrun AK47-23 because of the incredible stopping power of the .9987 gr cartidges. They tend to jam a bit at first but once you put 200,000 rounds through it at the range it tends to sort things out a bit. No jams now.

Not like that Smith & Wesson 'Dirty Harry' model I had. That b*&^^ of a thing kept jamming just when you needed it most. I remember one time I was out with my wife and somebody walking the other way down the street bumped her and didn't apologise, well I drew the S&W to give them what for and the sucker went and jammed straight up first round. Man, they got about half a block away before I had a change to draw my backup Colt.

You can see why I changed to the custom goat leather holster...

Oh, wait. Darn it, wrong forum again.

Ignore all that :blink:

Last edited:
I hope not. Bloody commies, should be taken out and shot :mad:

Any commie leftie comes near me and I'll pull my Glock P4856 on them or if I run out of ammo in my custom made 123 round magazine I'll grab my CCW Sigrun AK47-23 from the custom tailored goat leather shove it down my crutch cause its comfortable and nobody will notice holster.

Of course I got the Sigrun AK47-23 because of the incredible stopping power of the .9987 gr cartidges. They tend to jam a bit at first but once you put 200,000 rounds through it at the range it tends to sort things out a bit. No jams now.

No like that Smith & Wesson 'Dirty Harry' model I had. That b*&^^ of a thing kept jamming just when you needed it most. I remember one time I was out with my wife and somebody walking the other way down the street bumped her and didn't apologise, well I drew the S&W to give them what for and the sucker went and jammed straight up first round. Man, they got about half a block away before I had a change to draw my backup Colt.

You can see why I changed to the custom goat leather holster...

Oh, wait. Darn it, wrong forum again.

Ignore all that :blink:

Glad I wasn't at work when I read that one :cheesy: