Total fiasco : Missing package for 1 month

@filobiblic : Im just wondering what is stopping aus post from, for example, claiming that they put the package in the locker. I go to the locker, open it, and it's not there. Tracking data shows nothing useful, and aus post just comes back to me and says that i have no proof that i didn't receive the package.

I'm wondering if there's possibly a private company out there that offers comparable rates to aus post for small packages. IIRC TNT is too expensive for small stuff, but i will have a look around.

@filobiblic : Im just wondering what is stopping aus post from, for example, claiming that they put the package in the locker. I go to the locker, open it, and it's not there. Tracking data shows nothing useful, and aus post just comes back to me and says that i have no proof that i didn't receive the package.

I'm wondering if there's possibly a private company out there that offers comparable rates to aus post for small packages. IIRC TNT is too expensive for small stuff, but i will have a look around.
Have a look around and see what you find.

1. All small parcels now have tracking.
2. When AusPost deliver to a Parcel Locker, you get both an SMS and an email (with the barcode/tracking ID).

There is no real issue.

For those who have signed up for parcel lockers or for a post office collection point before, do you happen to know what counts as valid ID to collect parcels there? The email i got says photo ID with the address on it, but none of my photo ID has the address on it, and it will take a while to get the MyPost card through mail...

For those who have signed up for parcel lockers or for a post office collection point before, do you happen to know what counts as valid ID to collect parcels there? The email i got says photo ID with the address on it, but none of my photo ID has the address on it, and it will take a while to get the MyPost card through mail...
Drivers License and over 18 card

Unfortunately i don't have either...i'm also an international student so i doubt i would be able to get the over 18 card.

I think this might be a problem with some post staff - it does not have an address...

Unfortunately i don't have either...i'm also an international student so i doubt i would be able to get the over 18 card.

Of course you get one, I was once an international student here myself...

Check for exact info depending which state you live in:
http://www.australia.gov.au/content/proof-of-age-card

But basically you need the usual 100 points in Australia...so for you I would guess:
1 passport
2 Student ID
3 A bill with your name on it (gas, electricity, phone, internet...)
4 Bank Card

I think you need only #1 and 2 out of #2-4, but again check.

Ah, didnt realise i could get the over 18 card. Aus post says i just need my passport though, so hopefully i won't need that in the end.

Ah, didnt realise i could get the over 18 card. Aus post says i just need my passport though, so hopefully i won't need that in the end.
Will come handy for other stuff as well and you don't have to run around with your passport all the time...