Triumph and Disaster Shave Cream Review

JugV2

Simply boring.
I just got my shipment from MensBiz today. Ordered Sunday night and delivered this morning. Kudos again to MensBiz.

I have to bolt out for a few hours but will get back and use then review the Triumph and Disaster shave cream.

Ok. Time to talk about this cream.

td_shavebowl_1.jpg

It is very dense; much like TOBS you only need a tiny bit on the tips of the brush.
The scent is hard to place. Slight citrus and something that evokes memories of my childhood - I can't quite place it from one use of this cream. I will need a few goes to sort the notes out.
It ticks all the boxes: it lathers like a demon (I used a Semogue boar...got a stack of lather. A reviewer on MensBiz suggested that it is hard to lather with a badger or your hands. I suspect that's rubbish, as I couldn't stop this thing from lathering.) It lubricates well.
It needs some water in the brush. I face lather and as such, I can adjust the moisture and water content on the fly. Twice I had to moisten the brush to get the correct consistency, but that's not terribly unusual with a new cream I haven't used before.
It didn't dry out my skin. It left me feeling refreshed and clean.
So the scent was good, not at all bland and had a pleasant aroma.
The slickness and legs were great.

My only bone of contention with this cream is the value. 100mL for $26.00.
We all know we can get comparable creams such a TOBS for the $15-$22 mark depending on where we buy from, for 150mL.
It's not really that big an issue but I prefer to compare apples to apples.

Look, if this was the only cream I bought and used every day, I wouldn't have a problem with the price to be honest.

Quality - 8/10
Scent - 8/10
Value - 6/10

Well worth a try.

If I have missed any points on this review please ask away, happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:
........... A reviewer on MensBiz suggested that it is hard to lather with........... your hands..........

Don't know quite what to say to that! If hand lather-ability was an indication of how creams perform I'd say each and every one of them would fail.

Anyhow, what are the ingredients?

Thanks!

Sounds pretty good then.

Price does seem a tad high, you can get a lot of good kit for the $

Don't know quite what to say to that! If hand lather-ability was an indication of how creams perform I'd say each and every one of them would fail.

Anyhow, what are the ingredients?

The ingredients:

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Natural Fragrance, Lanolin, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Sorbic Acid.

This product is made in New Zealand, for those interested.

Flashback to this review - I have just finished the tub of cream. It took me a long time but in all honesty I haven't used it regularly; however I bought it late last year and it's now gone. For 100ml of cream that's pretty good.

Probably won't buy it again because as I mentioned there are much better value creams around, plus I have seven or eight unused tubs that I need to concentrate on.