Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Many of you will have noticed that @Nico posted on his profile in October last year that he had been "diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer". He indicated that -

"With sadness I wanted to let you all know that I am not well. This forum has been a wonderful support for me and I want to thank you all."

Since that time Nico has not posted here and presumable focused his time and energy with his family.

I've been asked a few times by various people if there was any updated and it is with incredible sadness that I noticed this obituary earlier today indicated that he had passed away on 16 May.

His generosity around the forum was well known and his SOTD pics well loved. He was also a warm, generous and just an all-round great guy to those of us privileged to meet him in person.

Sincere condolences to his wife and family. The funeral notice indicates "In lieu of flowers, donations to Beanies 4 Brain Cancer, would be appreciated" which some may wish to do.

giphy.gif

RIP @Nico (Fred) thank you for your wonderful friendship throughout the whole P&C wet shaving forum, we will always remember you in our heart and soul.

So mote it be. :cry:

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Although I did not know him, his post was one of the first things I noticed when I joined this community and I found it really heart-rending. The kind words of companionship and care from everyone were a testament to his positivity and I can only imagine how deep it must cut for the people who were particularly close to him.

I'll be donating my charity auction savings early, thank you for the link.

Thanks again @Mark1966 for the update. Nick was a true gentleman and my heart goes out to his family, colleagues and friends!
I was lucky enough to catch up with him a few months prior to his announcement so the sudden news hit me hard as he was full of positive energy and looking forward to early retirement.
I'll miss the chats and his generosity knew no bounds. Hope to catch up on the other side Rocketman... :cry:

I had met Nico at a few meet ups and had assumed I would have the pleasure I getting to know him better at future meet ups. I miss him on the forum. He personified the good qualities and character that P&C is mostly known for. I'm sure the Canberra meet ups just won't be the same without Nico there in one of his signature caps. Thankful to have known the man.

Sadly, another member whose account I have needed to lock and add to our In Memoriam group.

Nico was not with us all that long, but he certainly had an impact when he joined. He also fittingly won a couple of the charity auction items. This just makes the next auction a time to remember and reflect on those that have departed us.