Using site from a mobile device

kjparker

Hi,

I'm having issues with this site when logging in from any mobile device, iPhone, iPad, nexus tablet, all the same.

When you load the page using with chrome or safari, the login boxes are hidden behind the blank banner ad and can't be accessed.

The only way to login, is to view a post " agree to the terms", then hit reply, your then presented with a login screen.

I choose not to use tapatalk, so I was hoping that it was something that could be easily fixed?

Anyone else find this?

I haven't had issues on the iPad? But then again I stay logged in?

Are you able to stay logged in. I don't have my iPad on me to log out and test it.

Any reason for the Tapatalk hate?

I use Tapatalk on my Galaxy S3, I just used chrome and Firefox and logged in - all I did was landscape the device.

Login and Password were both visible and accessible.

I know this is of no hel pto you but I can't replicate the issue on an Android.

No tapatalk hate, I own it for droid, but not iOS.

Once I manage to log in, I can stay logged in, so that's fine, but occasionally safari has a braggart and logins are lost....

I can replicate on both android jellybean and iOS

Ok, I'll fire up the work iPhone 5 and give it a shot.

I'm using ICS on my Galaxy...i doubt that would be the issue though, that JB and iOS actually have something in common - even a fault!

No tapatalk hate, I own it for droid, but not iOS.

Once I manage to log in, I can stay logged in, so that's fine, but occasionally safari has a braggart and logins are lost....

I can replicate on both android jellybean and iOS

Don't understand one single word of that. Beam me up Scottie!

I just logged out on the full site on the IPhone 5 and can see what your saying.

The username and password boxes are trapped behind an advertising banner?

Use tapatalk with my iPhone 4S. Haven't been having any problems. It logs me in automatically.

I see how it could be annoying!

Can you stay logged in or is that not an option? (Shared/Work phone?)

I can, and I have, but sometimes the browser either forgets, the cookie expires or whatever, and I have to do it all again....

I only use Tapatalk on my iPhone so I do not notice things. We are due to update Tapa too, thanks for reminding myself.

We also have ForumRunner installed, that app is free on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play store. It would give you an option of a different way to access the forums.

The main issue I can think of is the skin is not 'mobile friendly'. I might see if I can add a mobile skin to the site which you can then select.

Yeah, it is pretty much just bugfixes these days. They did release administrative tools about 12 months ago which was a good improvement. Means that Mods and Admins were able to lock threads from their phones - previously that was not possible.

Is there a Tapatalk plugin issue? Getting a message that the version installed doesn't match the files installed... Instructions for admin to check in control panel. Could be a new problem introduced in Tapatalk 4 beta though...

Was literally upgrading the plugin as you posted!

Latest Tapatalk plugin is now live, now that Hunny has given me a minute to run the XML file :)