VALE GARETHM

garethm

Hi Guys

It's Jodie here, some of you may remember me from a few years back!
It is with regret that I inform you that Gareth lost his 16 month battle with brain cancer on Wednesday 4 February 2015.

Administrators, could you please remove Gareth's account from this forum.

Happy shaving, I know Gareth loved it!

Cheers, Jodie x

I did not know Gareth but my sympathies to you and your family, Jodie.

Ah man, I'm sorry. I got a pm from gareth a few months ago on whirlpool wanting to give away all his stuff and he told me the reason why. I told him to jump on here, but he never got back to me.

Condolences for you and your family Jodie. I've only been at P&C a year so missed out getting to know Gareth.

Ah man, I'm sorry. I got a pm from gareth a few months ago on whirlpool wanting to give away all his stuff and he told me the reason why. I told him to jump on here, but he never got back to me.
He took photos of it all, but never got around to posting it, he had a LOT of stuff!!! More blades than 10 men could use in their life time!! It is all with his parents now. If no-one else in the family wants them, I will get back to you guys here.

Jodie

Deepest sympathies :(

Mark

Jodie;

Thanks for coming in and letting us know. This is actually the third person in the last month who has lost their battle with cancer that I have known, met or conversed with. Both you , your family and extended family and friends have our deepest condolences for your loss.

I would be happy to close the account once you are ready to have it done, however I would suggest that you wait for a while until things settle down and you work out exactly what to do. Obviously if there is a large amount of shaving gear that nobody knows much about, then if you need a hand to disperse it or even just to catalog it and put some reasonable prices on it to sell on eBay then you can get that support here. I am sure even some of the guys here may be quite interested in some of the items also.

There may be a reason to keep some of it also, pass it along for the next generation to use. I know that if my father had this sort of belongings that I could have used later in life that would have been a really meaningful thing in my life. He passed away in a car accident a month before my 10th birthday.

Thinking of you all at this horrible time.

My deepest condolences for you and your family Jodie

My sincere condolences, I crossed pass with him via selling him some blades many moons ago and I can still recall he was a very easy going chap who was a pleasure to deal with. The P&C family is poorer for his loss. :unsure:

I may not have personally known and had little interaction with @garathm, yet being around the second anniversary of my Grandmother passing away due to a short surprise battle with cancer and being an integral part of her support team in that battle, your family and you have my sincerest condolences.
I am positive that he is in a better place now, a place where he is no longer suffering the physical and emotional anguish cancer brings both the person and those around them.
From that experience, I can only reiterate what has already been said above, with suggestions that you gift yourself the time to properly grieve how you feel fit, irrelevant if others feel it is wrong, while accepting that those around you will equally act out of character.

These guys are a friendly and helpful bunch, so feel free to drop back in at a later date and seek advise or interest in his items.
It is something meaningful that we, as a community are able to and more than willing to do.

He took photos of it all, but never got around to posting it, he had a LOT of stuff!!! More blades than 10 men could use in their life time!! It is all with his parents now. If no-one else in the family wants them, I will get back to you guys here.

Jodie, I was never thinking of the freebies, that would be crass, I was happy to help Gareth out if he wanted it. It was another task he didn't want to be bothered with. If he had some nice stuff, I think it's probably in the best place, perhaps given out to the people who loved him and will have something personal to remind them.

But monsta offer stands of course, if you want help with anything.

@garethm was the man who passed me my birth year Super Adjustable - via the hand of @filobiblic who donated to Gareth's chosen charity. A razor that will stay with me until my demise. My thanks to Gareth. Sad news indeed. My deepest condolences to you and your family Jodie.

@garethm was the man who passed me my birth year Super Adjustable - via the hand of @filobiblic who donated to Gareth's chosen charity. A razor that will stay with me until my demise. My thanks to Gareth. Sad news indeed. My deepest condolences to you and your family Jodie.
I forgot about that! Yes, he was so generous. It was a very thoughtful and kind act of giving that razor when I was asking for that model. And yet, when we discovered it was @stillshunter's exact birth year (and quarter), he kindly gave it to him for a donation. The donation was to the NSW Cancer Foundation.

My condolences also Jodie, personal grief is a lonely unexpected path to tread.

Anything we can do to help, I'm sure everyone here will do what they can.

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to you Jodie, and to your family at this difficult time.