Valor

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
I'm a big fan of supporting local folks, and just stumbled on this Valor Soap from Mullumbimby NSW. Anyone tried it and got an opinion? Ingredients look great - and vince most folks have rated the Occams I'll not be so sceptical about the use of Olive Oil as a soap base.

^ what he said!

Well I wrote to them and enquired on samples for a forum. Let's see how that pans out….

Tell you what, if I were going to go native, then Mullumbimby would be the place mate.

Too right. That's a strange and beautiful place right there. [emoji4]

Seems a bit pricey to me though...

If there is no size then it's hard to tell value for money. Generally anything made in Oz is expensive as you have higher costs (ingredients, labour, packaging, etc). Artisan soap hand produced in small batches is going to need a higher price tag.

I'd like to see some reviews before I try. $23 for a puck of unknown quality (and size) is not for me... I'll leave the 'pioneering' for those with deeper pockets. [emoji4]

A lot of people rag on shaving soaps with an olive oil base. Has anyone here actually tried one? I have no idea how it might be different. The list of ingredients is pretty good indeed.

It does appear to use higher quality ingredients.

A lot of people rag on shaving soaps with an olive oil base. Has anyone here actually tried one? I have no idea how it might be different. The list of ingredients is pretty good indeed.
Yeah, I believe there are several by now that have tried Occams, which is olive oil based.

Yeah, I believe there are several by now that have tried Occams, which is olive oil based.

Tried? I've finished!!!! :)

Final verdect ?

Is it upon your "To buy" list ?

I would buy again - yes

I'm a fan too. I am interested in trying the Crushed Lime. I like the scent (& performance!) of the original.