Vintage Blades

Normie

With all the hype going on lately about vintage blades, I was curious where the best places are to source them. Also which ones are regarded as the"best" - generally of course. Are there any that are more easily sourced than others? Any and all info would be much appreciated.

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/index.php?threads/2699/
That has my list of vintage blades and all have been winners in my mind. Mostly bought off eBay.com

I bought most of mine when the aud was still at parity with the usd. Prices have gone up, postage has gone up, and the aus dollar has dropped since then, do I've stopped looking there.
I do still occasionally see decently priced blades at the UK or other European eBay sites but the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer.

With all the hype going on lately about vintage blades, I was curious where the best places are to source them.

I've only ever purchased them on eBay, not sure if others have found them elsewhere

Also which ones are regarded as the"best" - generally of course.

Personna 74s are LEGENDARY - they not only last for a year each but they make you so handsome the ladies cannot resist you - or something like that.

DSC_0857E-1_zpsc3b1ea1c.jpg

Gillette Spoilers are almost as famous and last for a year each - but are not chick magnets, safer for married guys

1975%20(V3)%20Dispenser%205%20Super%20Stainless%20Spoiler.JPG

Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' - these, now these are dangerous. Not only will each one last for a year each but they make you so handsome the ladies AND blokes cannot resist you - or something like that...

displayimage.php

Are there any that are more easily sourced than others? Any and all info would be much appreciated.

Apart from these there are endless varieties and I'm not an expert. Earlier ones were carbon steel and RUST - not recommended for use!

Stainless steel ones are those you are looking for and the 1960s and 1970s seem to be when blade production quality was at its peak.

Others with more knowledge might chime in here ...

Vintage polsilver?

On sale at shaving.ie

@Normie a great place to start, is firing @Monsta_AU a PM and politely inquiring if he could spare you a P&C Blade Sampler®.