Vintage DE shave off

I'm back on the 34C. The 2 weeks enforced vintage has made me appreciate it all the more. It. Just. Works. Great. Every time.

I will try the Rocket with Reds, and RMs surprise blades when they arrive.

Here's where it's at:

All these razors offer me very little - some offer little more than facial grief. Personna blades are pretty much unusable in these for me.

The 34C is my king of razors, and this seems even more proven with this concentrated shave off. I've bought and sold others as they haven't come close. I like the Futur too, but it's less manoeuvrable and just doesn't respond as well as the 34C, plus the No.6 setting would take spikes off a porcupine.

With Mark's indulgence, I'll go a last round with the Junior - this has potential with Astras. It's a mild razor and that takes down the Astra a notch or two, which can be useful. Unlike all the others, it goes through lather much better and doesn't skip over patches. I'll give it a go against the Slim on a couple of settings and maybe the Flare tip

Exciting, isn't it?

Here's where it's at:

All these razors offer me very little - some offer little more than facial grief. Personna blades are pretty much unusable in these for me.

The 34C is my king of razors, and this seems even more proven with this concentrated shave off. I've bought and sold others as they haven't come close. I like the Futur too, but it's less manoeuvrable and just doesn't respond as well as the 34C, plus the No.6 setting would take spikes off a porcupine.

With Mark's indulgence, I'll go a last round with the Junior - this has potential with Astras. It's a mild razor and that takes down the Astra a notch or two, which can be useful. Unlike all the others, it goes through lather much better and doesn't skip over patches. I'll give it a go against the Slim on a couple of settings and maybe the Flare tip

Exciting, isn't it?

It is exciting actually :D

Jnr last two days, with Astra. Pretty decent shave, no residual issues. I can still get better from the 34, but the Jnr does go at it a bit milder. Just a question of whether the Slim can do that just as well...

You should have a package tomorrow if you haven't got one already.

Guess what Drubbing. You'll be getting some......DERBYs

Probably not as good as that, what's turned up is just a smattering of stuff they don't make anymore -- Super Iridium's (hopefully not the Fakeidium's of last year), Gillette Spoliers, Blues

Pffffff....another load of discontinued, rusty old stock. If you don't want them (and I can't blame you) feel free to plonk them in my letterbox. I won't tell RM.

Probably not as good as that, what's turned up is just a smattering of stuff they don't make anymore -- Super Iridium's (hopefully not the Fakeidium's of last year), Gillette Spoliers, Blues

No, the SI's are legit care of Gifts&Care. I find they aren't that sharp, and don't shave that close for me. They remind me of Drubbing's beloved Reds.

Spoilers - there's at least 3 in that dispenser. Older stock than my stash (late 70's versus 1981/82 for my main stash).... so the Vintage PIF might shave differently.

I think there was a couple of White Platinums in there (aka Cardboard Swede) - that's about a $1.50 blade.

The 7OC Blue is a Czech blade. Very sharp in my experience.

Did I put Silver Blues in?

Make sure you check the padded bag carefully.

Spoilers - there's at least 3 in that dispenser. Older stock than my stash (late 70's versus 1981/82 for my main stash).... so the Vintage PIF might shave differently.

I think there was a couple of White Platinums in there (aka Cardboard Swede) - that's about a $1.50 blade.

The 7OC Blue is a Czech blade. Very sharp in my experience.

Did I put Silver Blues in?

Make sure you check the padded bag carefully.

2 Gillette plats, white wrappers, a pack of Silver Blues, 2 7 oclocks - are these different to the blue 7s (Russian) everyone is selling?

2 Gillette plats, white wrappers, a pack of Silver Blues, 2 7 oclocks - are these different to the blue 7s (Russian) everyone is selling?

Yeah, they are the Czech version, not the St. Petersburg ones. They are very sharp.

Yeah, they are the Czech version, not the St. Petersburg ones. They are very sharp.

K. Thanks.

Gave the SI a run this morning, and it's a decent blade. I find it a bit sharper than a Red, and less than an Astra. Not quite as smooth as either, but does a good job without any issues. Can't see the hype n fuss I read about them (YKW and other forums) though, so I'll put that down to the hype n fuss over something that isn't available anymore.

Drubs never buys into hype.

I'm surprised you don't just give your whiskers a disapproving look in the mirror and have them fall out!