Welcome post

craigq

Checking in from Ottawa, ON, Canada. DE shaving for a while, I have RAD and too many razors, I have BLAD and too many blades. I have neither BRAD nor SAD so the brush and soap count is still low. I heard about the forum from another forum, thought I’d join and see what the wet shaving community is like in Australia.

Checking in from Ottawa, ON, Canada. DE shaving for a while, I have RAD and too many razors, I have BLAD and too many blades. I have neither BRAD nor SAD so the brush and soap count is still low. I heard about the forum from another forum, thought I’d join and see what the wet shaving community is like in Australia.
Great to see you here @craigq, welcome and enjoy!

Welcome to P&C @craigq - great to have you here (y)

Maybe you want to tell us a bit more about your favourite setup(s)?

Welcome @craigq

Most of our overseas members have heard of P&C from other forums and decide to join. It's a pretty friendly bunch here.

Welcome to P&C @craigq - great to have you here (y)

Maybe you want to tell us a bit more about your favourite setup(s)?
Hi !

For razors I prefer mild over aggressive. For example, Tatara Masamune over the Tatara Nodachi (which is about as aggressive as I can stand). I had a pair of Blackland Brassbirds but found it too much. The Karve Overlander is another favorite, as well as the Henson AL13 “medium” or “++”. Razorock Game Changer 0.68-P is yet another one.

For blades, Personnas, Feathers, the Russian-made Procter and Gamble Gillettes, so GSB, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Rubie etc.

Soap, I like Tabac, Proraso is nicely inexpensive, and Razorock has the cheap triple-milled ones that work well. I don’t really feel the need to try out the pure artisan ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Brushes, as long as the bristles are not falling out 😉

Soap, I like Tabac, Proraso is nicely inexpensive, and Razorock has the cheap triple-milled ones that work well. I don’t really feel the need to try out the pure artisan ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

welcome @craigq we have all gone through it, and some still are :)

if I can add my two cents..

Tabac is amazing soap, top notch and a favourite in my den but found the triple milled razorock along with proraso to quickly and easily whip up a lather but offered no real protection, especially when using razors like the RR JAWs, WR2 1.25 and SS BlackBird.. you really feel the difference of a top notch lather hydrated well when using razors mentioned..

when it comes to brushes, to be honest I can get an incredible lather from a cheap yaqi and if that's all that matters, all good.. i found myself starting like this but have since collected some custom brushes with natural and top quality synthetics.. they all make great lather but the experience isnt the same, you honestly cant beat the face feel of a nice badger, for me 26-28mm is the sweet spot

but def think exploring soaps will improve your overall experience