What have you bought - more than once?

CTP

Like most - over the years I have invested more and more money in wetshaving.

From the outside looking in (or my wifes posistion) surely 1 brush, 1 razor, & 1 soap is enough to keep you going. However, like many, I’ve progressively purchased multiple brushes, razors, soaps etc

For the most part I have yet to re-buy anything. I have on many occasions bought multiple products from one company due to the performance of any product - for example I have several different B&M soaps, and several MoonSoaps.

The exception to this is;

B&M - Seville (I’m on my 3rd tub)
Lucky Tiger - Aftershave Tonic (3rd or 4th pot)

What are your regular repeat purchases?

C

Speick stick and aftershave. Replace them before they get too low.

Myrsol aftershaves. Currently stocked up on Antesol, Limón, and Balsamica.

I have two 400ml bottles of Floïd Vigoroso as it has been discontinued.

And I have three blocks of Osma alum because I love it, and I add it to overseas purchases when I have to cop a hiding on postage... 🙂

Oooh gosh …. the bloody toilet cleaner
SduwtyA.jpg

Last edited:
Speick stick and aftershave. Replace them before they get too low.

Myrsol aftershaves. Currently stocked up on Antesol, Limón, and Balsamica.

I have two 400ml bottles of Floïd Vigoroso as it has been discontinued.

And I have three blocks of Osma alum because I love it, and I add it to overseas purchases when I have to cop a hiding on postage... 🙂
Can I ask where do you buy Myrsol?
I found it at some spanish websites but they do not send to AU.
Also do you buy 200ml bottles or the 1l refills?

And last question. You can buy Myrsol in 180ml and 200ml bottles for the same price. Is there any difference between them?

Can I ask where do you buy Myrsol?
There is a local reseller in NZ. Smallflower and the Razor Company also sell it, when they have stock, and will ship downunder.

I found it at some spanish websites but they do not send to AU.
Also do you buy 200ml bottles or the 1l refills?

I can only get the 180ml glass bottles. If I could find 1L bottles, I would definitely get those

And last question. You can buy Myrsol in 180ml and 200ml bottles for the same price. Is there any difference between them?

180ml comes in glass, 200ml and 1L in plastic (to refill the bottles).

There is a local reseller in NZ. Smallflower and the Razor Company also sell it, when they have stock, and will ship downunder.

I can only get the 180ml glass bottles. If I could find 1L bottles, I would definitely get those

180ml comes in glass, 200ml and 1L in plastic (to refill the bottles).
Thanks a lot👍🏻

For me its been Cella Red and The Stray Whisker after shave balm.

I discount blades as I have bought my favourites in bulk and of the razors I did buy multiple Rocca's and sold only one of the 4 in my collection.

Last edited:
@Razor Burn, Cella Red is my No 2 followed by B&M, but TSW aftershave balm following @SpeedyPC “recipe” is my daily. 😎
yeah I'm on my second tub of Cella and won't go back as there are better value/performing soaps.

+1 for Speedy's DIY receipe as its refreshing on face/nogging and affordable plsu I do also use Aveeno lotion in the colder months.

Repeat buyer of now-unobtainium Valobra soaps, and ditto with Yardley. I don't think I'll be attempting to get more, though never say never. I've bought multiple tubs of Noble Otter Two Kings and Rawr. I've kind of lost count of how many tubs of Castle Forbes Lavender I've used, and I'll likely replace my Charity Auction tub of CF Cedarwood and Sandalwood when it's done. If I ever finish my MdC, I'll buy that again too.

My current multiples are:

Razors
Titan ACRO T.H-70 (10 including a M7DS)
Titan ACRO T.H.64 (2)
Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 (6)
Cadman "Bengall" pre 1924 (9)
Gold Dollar W59 (2)
Gold Dollar 66 (8)
Oxor shavette (2)

Brushes
No-brand Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger synthetic (6)

Soap/Creams (I face lather)
Tabac stick tallow (4)
ARKO stick (5)
Palmolive stick (3)
La Toja stick (3)
VI-John cream (3)
Proraso green cream (2)
Palmolive Regular cream (5)

My current multiples are:

Razors
Titan ACRO T.H-70 (10 including a M7DS)
Titan ACRO T.H.64 (2)
Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 (6)
Cadman "Bengall" pre 1924 (9)
Gold Dollar W59 (2)
Gold Dollar 66 (8)
Oxor shavette (2)

Brushes
No-brand Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger synthetic (6)

Soap/Creams (I face lather)
Tabac stick tallow (4)
ARKO stick (5)
Palmolive stick (3)
La Toja stick (3)
VI-John cream (3)
Proraso green cream (2)
Palmolive Regular cream (5)

Why do you tend to lean towards sticks & tubes over pots of soap? I’ve noticed that before but never got around to asking