Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Everybody seems to be getting rid of Rapira, Voskhod etc

Bullgoose here and Bestshave here.

OK, maybe not everybody, but there does seem a rush to dump these. Wonder why?

Any thoughts RM?

Everybody seems to be getting rid of Rapira, Voskhod etc

Bullgoose here and Bestshave here.

OK, maybe not everybody, but there does seem a rush to dump these. Wonder why?

Any thoughts RM?

I expect it is to trim their DE stocks down - As the world turns to the TM way of shaving the demand for DE baldes will halve (with a certain well known exception) and these stores are simply making sure they are not left holding large stocks. :)

Of course that is the other possible reason. (it may even be the other better reason)

Nah mate, I'd stick with yours! I mean 2 pages of comments and 623 views of 'your' thread over YKW - I think you are becoming legendary!

I can't understand why they would dump the Voskhods; I've still got over a pillar of them and I will probably buy a couple more if they are being dumped as you put it.

They simply aren't moving fast enough.

They are good blades but they are utilitarian Soviet blades. They were hyped up and were overpriced in the market. RB&M bought his stock from the last importer (name escapes me this second) who made a tidy profit on the bulk stock he had at the time.

Purely and simply - they aren't worth what is being asked for them now. I would think $13-$14 per 100 would be closer to the mark, not the $18-19 per 100 which is being charged at the moment. Considering you can get Astra SP at under 10c/blade delivered, then these are simply too expensive.

They simply aren't moving fast enough.

They are good blades but they are utilitarian Soviet blades. They were hyped up and were overpriced in the market. RB&M bought his stock from the last importer (name escapes me this second) who made a tidy profit on the bulk stock he had at the time.

Purely and simply - they aren't worth what is being asked for them now. I would think $13-$14 per 100 would be closer to the mark, not the $18-19 per 100 which is being charged at the moment. Considering you can get Astra SP at under 10c/blade delivered, then these are simply too expensive.

It seems that the TSD group buy is also upsetting the market along with the distributors behaviour!

It seems that the TSD group buy is also upsetting the market along with the distributors behaviour!

I would have said that the bastards are keeping the vendors honest. Apologies to Don Chipp.