What other hobbies [past or present] do you have?

Speaking of old hobbies… hi all :)

Current hobbies include awkwardly lurking on forums :)

Main hobby for last few years has been raising a small human. Said human is now 3.5, so I feel like my head is above water a bit now and I can catch my breath a bit. He can (kind of) put his own shoes on now!!! This is honestly life changing.

I’ve had a beard for the last few years. So the safety razors just trim the neck and cheekbones . Been using my good old Weber PH most of the time.

I still cook lots. Not as fancy as it used to be though. I sold my Weber Smokey mountain… I miss it. Thinking of getting a Ooni pizza oven though… :)

Also gotten into a little bit of sim racing. Just Gran Turismo on ps4/5, but it’s good fun. Got a wheel and pedals and frame.

Still make coffee lots. Got a half decent machine (just a heat exchange). Don’t roast anymore, sold the roaster.

Still very much into photography too. Love it. Went mirrorless and have Sony gear. Landscapes and then just family stuff.

Also bought a little rc car. Lots of fun. Wouldn’t call it a hobbie though… but MrsT might disagree.

And I like my little patch of lawn to resemble green carpet as best I can. It’s just buffalo, but still. It’s looking a bit sad at the moment, but this should pick up.

I used to cycle. Sold the bike though when I no longer needed to commute. Plus had too many friends have near-death experiences on their bikes, and I dont like it enough to take the risk.

I like fancy headphones and related accessories. I used to have fancy speakers, but I live in an apartment now and it’s hard to manage without annoying neighbours.

There’s probably more I can’t think of… this is enough for now :)

Main hobby for last few years has been raising a small human. Said human is now 3.5, so I feel like my head is above water a bit now and I can catch my breath a bit. He can (kind of) put his own shoes on now!!! This is honestly life changing.

I’ve had a beard for the last few years. So the safety razors just trim the neck and cheekbones . Been using my good old Weber PH most of the time.

I still cook lots. Not as fancy as it used to be though. I sold my Weber Smokey mountain… I miss it. Thinking of getting a Ooni pizza oven though… :)

Also gotten into a little bit of sim racing. Just Gran Turismo on ps4/5, but it’s good fun. Got a wheel and pedals and frame.

Still make coffee lots. Got a half decent machine (just a heat exchange). Don’t roast anymore, sold the roaster.

Still very much into photography too. Love it. Went mirrorless and have Sony gear. Landscapes and then just family stuff.

Also bought a little rc car. Lots of fun. Wouldn’t call it a hobbie though… but MrsT might disagree.

And I like my little patch of lawn to resemble green carpet as best I can. It’s just buffalo, but still. It’s looking a bit sad at the moment, but this should pick up.

I used to cycle. Sold the bike though when I no longer needed to commute. Plus had too many friends have near-death experiences on their bikes, and I dont like it enough to take the risk.

I like fancy headphones and related accessories. I used to have fancy speakers, but I live in an apartment now and it’s hard to manage without annoying neighbours.

Welcome back Mr T

Hobbies that I am still active in some degree.
Shaving. Yes. I am still around.
Cooking
Coffee
Fishing
Watches
boxing
Knives

Hobbies that fell by the wayside
Shoes. Once I had a decent pair there was no need.
Straight shaving ( had to pack my straights up due to little humans)
Whisky.

And I seem to have picked up forum lurking as well.

Last edited:
If only you were in the USA where you could assert your 8th Amendment rights -

“Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.”

Sitting in a recorder class is as close to cruel and unusual punishment as it gets. Even now, hearing one triggers all sorts of mental anguish.

If they are little, they can't reach the top shelf, behind the pullovers. 😜😜
It’s more that I no longer have the luxury of time for honing, stropping and the general upkeep of straights.

Fantastic! Back just in time for a GREAT Charity Auction coming up soon ...

Welcome back Mr T

@MrT!

Great to see you back 👍.

Amen! [one of] the prodigal sons has returned :)

Hobbies that I am still active in some degree.
Shaving. Yes. I am still around.
Cooking
Coffee
Fishing
Watches
boxing
Knives

Hobbies that fell by the wayside
Shoes. Once I had a decent pair there was no need.
Straight shaving ( had to pack my straights up due to little humans)
Whisky.

And I seem to have picked up forum lurking as well.

Likewise mate, great to see you around!

You DO need more than one decent pair of shoes though, a week's rotation at least - for the same reason as brushes!

If they are little, they can't reach the top shelf, behind the pullovers. 😜😜

A man after my own heart!

Well done to @Mark1966 aka The General aka Agent66 for kicking off this thread.
Some genuinely fascinating contributions from members.

I know right - it has grown well beyond my expectations with a great range of really cool hobbies.

The Boba Fett series was only so-so but the Obe Wan series was really good. The spin off movies, like Rogue One and Solo, weren't anything special though.

I thought Boba Fett was quite terrible, except for the two episodes that were The Mandalorian. Obi-Wan, that one I did like. I couldn't conjure the interest to watch Solo, but I did enjoy quite a lot Rogue One. Certainly "Once Upon a Time in America" level if we compare it to the steaming pile of dung Rise of Skywalker is.

I thought Boba Fett was quite terrible, except for the two episodes that were The Mandalorian. Obi-Wan, that one I did like. I couldn't conjure the interest to watch Solo, but I did enjoy quite a lot Rogue One. Certainly "Once Upon a Time in America" level if we compare it to the steaming pile of dung Rise of Skywalker is.

I remember when my wife and I saw The Force Awakens. We were coming out of the theater and my wife asked me what I thought of it. I said that it was just A New Hope redone with a female Luke Skywalker. She said no it's not.

I replied, so, an orphan on a desert planet, finds a robot carrying a secret message, flies off world on the Millennium Falcon, meets Han Solo, finds out they have a power they never knew they had, then helps Princess Leia blow up a space station the size of a planet after fighting a baddie dressed in black wearing a mask.

She says, hmmm, I see what you mean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So there was Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back that I’ve seen …

… but that was a long time ago [in a galaxy far, far away?]