Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
How do you think you would fare?
I have 100% confidence that I would do better than those walking dead folk

Its not the dead you have to fear - its the living :vamp:
bhtXJM3.jpg

Because the human body cannot live without air, food, water and body temperature from the climate.

Interestingly, it is groups that are not or under prepared that are likely to survive.
Intellectuals are able to learn, to adapt, whereas survivalists are set in their ways and will resist change.
Their mentality is to fight and resist whatever opposes them, rather than adapt to the new environment to ensure they survive.
A charismatic leader with any reasonable plan that they're able to sell to the masses well enough that they will follow, will likely overcome most obstacles in their way.
Why? The mass of willing followers are used to being instructed upon what they're supposed to do, thus will be seeking instructions and will be at ease when there is a plan ad they've a defined role within that.
Brain, not brawn is what enabled humans to evolve beyond the primate brawn stage and end up as pretty much the peak alpha animal of Earth's kingdom after all.

@borked brains are great and in the end a smart society will survive. However during that time a few smart brains were smashed out of their heads permanently by the brawn.
I want to survive by adapting in a smart group but personally want my brains to still be in their bone case. Hence I'm meek to the brawn.

If someone could explain to me what this has to do with the thread I will be indebted.
I think he might be saying your worry will be other people such as looters. Also your own survival, (not sure about air, but) if you're competing for food, water and other resources such as clothes/fuel for warmth.

If electricity (for cooking), running water or access to food stop, (I'm not going to be foraging enough berries to survive), I think I'd survive a week. I suspect looters would clear out the bottled water and water filters would only be effective for so long. Also trying to fill a Brita jug at the lake with zombies around would be quite dangerous.

My favourite TV show back when I was a kid is Major Leslie James (Les) Hiddins "The Bush Tucker Man" is a retired Australian Army soldier and war veteran, never too late to start learning ;)

bush_tuckerman1-800x444.jpg

I have a chainsaw, 15 acres, plenty of wood. Short term food supply will be the tough bit. Plenty of sheep nearby for protein, but the veg garden will need developing.

Plus Tassie is an island, so we can close our border. Telling the difference between a zombie and a rough native, could be challenging.

Oh and I grow hops and can make beer!

The thing we should really be fearing is the hordes of undead accountants marching across the land from Canberra, armed with vintage Gillette razors. I understand the only way of stopping them is to throw boxes of unsorted receipts at them. This apparently will cause them to stop and try to sort everything into order - if we are all lucky they may bore themselves to death before finishing. :)

The thing we should really be fearing is the hordes of undead accountants marching across the land from Canberra, armed with vintage Gillette razors. I understand the only way of stopping them is to throw boxes of unsorted receipts at them. This apparently will cause them to stop and try to sort everything into order - if we are all lucky they may bore themselves to death before finishing. :)

Worst nightmare possible

@borked brains are great and in the end a smart society will survive. However during that time a few smart brains were smashed out of their heads permanently by the brawn.
I want to survive by adapting in a smart group but personally want my brains to still be in their bone case. Hence I'm meek to the brawn.
A large enough number of brains will have enough brawn as a mass to overcome most challenges alone.
Add the ability to analyse a situation and engineer solutions... :)

I have a chainsaw, 15 acres, plenty of wood. Short term food supply will be the tough bit. Plenty of sheep nearby for protein, but the veg garden will need developing.

Plus Tassie is an island, so we can close our border. Telling the difference between a zombie and a rough native, could be challenging.

Oh and I grow hops and can make beer!
You've forgotten something.
In an end of society event, a lack of water, food, shelter or medical are what kills.

I think I’d do okay.
I’m not a particularly prepared guy but you just need to be able to over power one survivalist ;)

I think I’d do okay.
I’m not a particularly prepared guy but you just need to be able to over power one survivalist ;)
I'd go for strength in numbers, thus lean towards merging groups than that of defeating them and suffering losses along the way :)

I'd go for strength in numbers, thus lean towards merging groups than that of defeating them and suffering losses along the way :)
True but then comes the responsibilities of others aswell.
On a side note, my old work would have been ideal for a zombie apocalypse life, every door was covered by security rollers doors, lots of food and food vendors around and a gun store up the street, ugh it would have been perfect!

This thread has 20 responses ...

:confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek: