Where to get a good shave in Western Sydney?

thisISjoel

Bros, I fell down a nomad barber YouTube rabbit hole and I think I need to get a really nice shave from a good barber.

I've had a few barber shaves from local guys around Penrith, but none of them have been that great.

I'd really like the traditional Turkish or even Indian experience. I'm willing to travel a bit for it, but prefer to keep it in the general greater Western Sydney region.

So, where have you been that's been good? Let a brother know :)

Good luck with your hunt - I suspect you might need it though unfortunately.

Good luck with your hunt - I suspect you might need it though unfortunately.

Too right.

Just went to a place in Penrith that I'd been to before (Gabriel Barber, for those playing at home) where I had a pretty bad experience before. I thought it might have been more the individual barber (he was young) last time so I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and get a face shave and a hair cut.

Well, I got butchered. Things started semi promisingly with a quick application of a hot towel and what I assumed was pre shave oil. Turns out it was shaving oil as there was no lather applied to my face at all and as soon as I felt the first stroke of the blade I knew I'd made a mistake.

Too much pressure, the blade was scraping the hair off my face. I've got a couple of pimples that I thought would make it difficult, but he navigated them without trouble. Cut my chin in two places and gave me a DE blade length cut on my neck.

I haven't had a chance to examine the irritation properly, but I know if I dragged a DE across my face the way this bloke did with the shavette I'd be in irritation city.

$25 for the privilege (and another $20 for the buzz cut). Do not recommend.

Sorry to hear that - but I wouldn't have paid a cent, if somebody cuts me multiple times. You have to stand your ground or else the next guy gets the same special treatment :cry:

If you do social media, trip advisor etc. - spread the word...