While I'm at it....

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
How about a buy/sell forum. I, like many I'm sure, have a shit ton of gear I'd like to off load/sell/give away. No need to re-invent the wheel, just copy the various rules and regulation from a few other sites and sticky it up there. It might bring a few new sign ups.

I'd like to recommend this site to a few people but with half a dozen regulars it's not exactly pumping. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but for many might be viewed as a bit too parochial.

Agreed. While it's not likely to bring instant hoards, it will give the lurkers an opportunity to pick up some unloved stuff for cheap, and perhaps get involved.

There's always people on the other forums with the one thread, that might appreciate a link to where to get set up, or try stuff, for cheap. And having a local outlet to sell is handy for sellers.

I'm happy to give some stuff away, but there's no point while there's no one here to give it to.

Agree, it needs to happen RM.
Sorry to say without this, it's just a few people talking about safety razor shaving, and that's already done elsewhere with a larger user base too. The basic forums haven't brought many people over so it's not working.
The trading is the only thing that would make vision collision 4.0 unique in australia.
A trickling of members wouldn't work, as people would get bored and leave before the next odd few members come in, so low membership would remain constant and high turn over.
You started the forums out with heaps of news and reviews, that was OK, but they kind of died off and you can't depend on new members to carry that on and to provide content.

You may say 'too hard, legal issues' etc, but unless you are going to work full time on this to provide heaps of other content, sell/trade/pif the easiest way for traffic.

Last edited:
Hat in ring.

I agree with the fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may say 'too hard, legal issues' etc,

While there's no one here that doesn't already know each other, there's no legal issues to contemplate. A few basic rules and regs is all that's needed. Besides most communities like this self regulate and do the right thing. Any newb coming on here is not going to get burned by a regular, and new sellers will have to wait for a post count key to sell something.

This isn't going to turn into B&B overnight, so I fail to see why there's no impetus to get a sale section happening.

Can't even give stuff away here, forum is so quiet.

BTW, first sale happened and was drama free, no legal issues or hassles to worry about.

Can't even give stuff away here, forum is so quiet.

BTW, first sale happened and was drama free, no legal issues or hassles to worry about.

Maybe need to post a Free Stuff Alert on OCAU and WP?
And nudge along that moving box o tricks on Mbiz.

Hard to Join?

Maybe need to post a Free Stuff Alert on OCAU and WP?
And nudge along that moving box o tricks on Mbiz.

Maybe one of the reasons for the low membership is people experience what I did on my first attempt to sign up. Got booted on the grounds my email address (optusnet.com.au) was spam related.

Not very friendly at all.

However persistance paid off. By the way I found this site via WP (although I think you need a forum in the gadgets area as well as lifestyle. My 2 cents and really not trying to be a newbie know it all.

Glen Thomas

Maybe one of the reasons for the low membership is people experience what I did on my first attempt to sign up. Got booted on the grounds my email address (optusnet.com.au) was spam related.

Not very friendly at all.
I am always fiddling with the allowed email addresses setting. I have again relaxed the settings a little, and will see what happens.

Seen that, Spam-o-Matic'd. He is goneski.

EDIT: the IP range was allocated to Pakistan. Obviously a suicide spammer.

Seen that, Spam-o-Matic'd. He is goneski.

EDIT: the IP range was allocated to Pakistan. Obviously a suicide spammer.

Who, where, what did I miss????

Maybe the magic will happen again and maybe you'll get to see it, maybe we've already missed it.
Someone called "cash_loans_00" just joined today, legit?
How about craturigmager from malaysia? http://www.paste-and-cut.com.au/members/craturigmager.htm
Their signature is:
hi Filmy Online bye
hello Gry online a
because Pozycjonowanie or
and opony if me
Games

Yes, most of those words are hyperlinks.

Welcome bad-credit-payday-loans! What a valuable member you will be.
http://www.paste-and-cut.com.au/members/bad-credit-payday-loans.htm

Last edited: