Whippeddog Brushes

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
Looking at Whipped Dog brushes and wondering if anyone has one and can comment? They are fairly cheap, you can get a brush made up for US$35 delivered. I've dealt with Larry before and he is easy to do business with. Very honest, even sending USD bills in a shipment because he overcharged me. (What I'm meant to do with five $1 bills I'm not sure).

They come in four sizes from 20mm - 30mm and in four grades. About ten colors. The knots can be set at lower lofts by drilling out the handle a bit more (5 or 10mm)

Can anyone compare WD knits to TGN knots?

I'm thinking of a middle of the road 22mm high mountain knot set 5mm deeper.

I only face lather. This is the 'cheaper than upgrading to a Simpson Classic' option!

I have 3 brushes from Larry - all 24mm set at 48mm: Silvertip, HM and synth.

The synth is fantastic and highly recommend.

The Silvertip is also fantastic, very luxurious face feel.

The HM is very forceful - I would definitely set it at a higher loft (maybe even keep the original).

Thanks alfredus. I like the color of the HM, and heard it has more back bone and a little more scritch

@Nonick, I have quite the collection from Whipped Dog.
Also the owner of 2 HM badger brushes. I went for standard brush which was lovely (I get the "Gel tip" happening when using it). Very soft on the face, however, I exclusivly bowl lather.
I went for a 24mm and had it drilled down. Very happy with it as well! Larry is awesome to deal with! :) And certainly its WAY cheaper option to get a WD compared to a Simpsons, not that I can talk as I recently went NUTS on some new simpsons brushes! ;-)

@Nonick, I have quite the collection from Whipped Dog.
Also the owner of 2 HM badger brushes. I went for standard brush which was lovely (I get the "Gel tip" happening when using it). Very soft on the face, however, I exclusivly bowl lather.
I went for a 24mm and had it drilled down. Very happy with it as well! Larry is awesome to deal with! :) And certainly its WAY cheaper option to get a WD compared to a Simpsons, not that I can talk as I recently went NUTS on some new simpsons brushes! ;-)
and yet, no post in acquisitions/waiting threads.
Things that make you go hmm.