Wolf Whisker Brushes at Maggards

I certainly hope that is the case with the D01's @filobiblic because I have one on the way from Shavemac also.

Well you'll be able to test my theory then! [emoji106] Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I am not an expert, as I only have one shaves knot - however I believe the 2-band Silvertip and the D01 Silvertip are actually different hair types - they look different to be in pictures as well...

I am not an expert, as I only have one shaves knot - however I believe the 2-band Silvertip and the D01 Silvertip are actually different hair types - they look different to be in pictures as well...
That's very interesting @alfredus. Would you say the Envy White is similar to the Shavemac Silvertip D01? I really like mine, but it is very different to the Shavemac 2 band and the Paladin. The Shavemac 2 band had backbone that comes from strong hair, not density. Each strand is thick and powerful, with very soft tips. I think its m favourite knot.

Yes. They are different. 2-band vs a silvertip 3-band. Not just in name, but when comparing side-by-side my 2-band with Silvertip they are different hairs.

But surely that's a given and not in question?

The question is whether the Silvertip D01 is different from the "regular" Silvertip. (And the 2-band D01 is different from the "regular" 2-band...)
Just by a visual examination, my Silvertip appears to be quite similar to the Silvertip D01 (but it appears my D01 doesn't have [yet?] the hooked tips). So my conclusion does still hold up for the time being- that the D01 are simply more packed ("dense") versions of their "regular" counterparts.

I am a Simpson man myself, always have and always will be :)

That being said, the contributions and information here from members who have experience with Wolf Whiskers and the maker is truly insightful and excellent. Thanks guys for the absolute wealth of information and your contributions that will no doubt inform and assist others. Bloody top show, the lot of you!

That's very interesting @alfredus. Would you say the Envy White is similar to the Shavemac Silvertip D01? I really like mine, but it is very different to the Shavemac 2 band and the Paladin. The Shavemac 2 band had backbone that comes from strong hair, not density. Each strand is thick and powerful, with very soft tips. I think its m favourite knot.

No. The EnvyWhite is a definite 2-band that is comparable to the SM 2-band.
It's different to the SM 2-band though; the tips are definitely whiter and don't have the hooks/gel tips of a lot of the SM knots.

The Silvertip D01 is a definite 3 band with a different hair type to the 2-band knots.

It would be up to @nsavage to compare the Shavemac 2-band D01 with the EnvyWhite knot when he gets it. But I think that it is simply a more dense version of the Shavemac 2-band knots and so would be the same hair (& thus different to the EnvyWhite).

I got no Palladin to compare sorry... [emoji26] (Happy to accept all kind offers for the sake of scientific comparison! [emoji6])

I got no Palladin to compare sorry...
emoji26.png
(Happy to accept all kind offers for the sake of scientific comparison!
emoji6.png
)

Paging @alfredus who I am sure has several :D

I am a Simpson man myself, always have and always will be :)

That being said, the contributions and information here from members who have experience with Wolf Whiskers and the maker is truly insightful and excellent. Thanks guys for the absolute wealth of information and your contributions that will no doubt inform and assist others. Bloody top show, the lot of you!

Seconded.

Now does the gentleman at WW make handles only, maybe I can get a handle then try different knots. Does he utilise shavemac knots?

Seconded.

Now does the gentleman at WW make handles only, maybe I can get a handle then try different knots. Does he utilise shavemac knots?
Peter is happy to use any knot you like but you will need to order it and then send it to him. The shavemac knots are pricy and I quite like their handles so I prefer my shavemac from them. The envy white knot in a WW is pretty special.

Hmm. I may need to think it through. What's the characteristics of the white envy?

If you like backbone and soft tips go for an Envy White or a Shavemac 2 band (normal not D01)
If you like backbone and are not as concerned about the soft tips go TGN Finest 2 band or Shavemac finest
If you like super soft and luxurious go for a Shavemac silvertip
If you like a backbone and also like a lot of scrub go for a Shavemac 2 Band D01 (I think the Silvertip D01 is similar but not as strong backbone)

I think I got a silver tip and I like it. But wouldn't mind a little more backbone so am thinking a silver tip d1 is next. Any thoughts?

I think I got a silver tip and I like it. But wouldn't mind a little more backbone so am thinking a silver tip d1 is next. Any thoughts?
If you are not sure exactly what you want I would suggest an Envy White knot as the investment is considerably less than the Shavemac knots.

I will need to find a photo of a brush with hooked tips later (I have a thater that has tips that are starting to hook).A lot of people find the tip hooking a desired trait as it gives the tips a gel like feel.

Yes. They are different. 2-band vs a silvertip 3-band. Not just in name, but when comparing side-by-side my 2-band with Silvertip they are different hairs.

But surely that's a given and not in question?

The question is whether the Silvertip D01 is different from the "regular" Silvertip. (And the 2-band D01 is different from the "regular" 2-band...)
Just by a visual examination, my Silvertip appears to be quite similar to the Silvertip D01 (but it appears my D01 doesn't have [yet?] the hooked tips). So my conclusion does still hold up for the time being- that the D01 are simply more packed ("dense") versions of their "regular" counterparts.

Sorry I meant Silvertip 2-band and D01 2-band - they look different too me...

It is still really hard for me to get my head around knots - especially if you factor loft and shape (bulb vs fan).

I can also tell you that my 2 Paladins are very different from each other - the TSN LE is super crunchy and what some might refer to as true gel tip. The Chief has no hooked hair, but is super soft and the perfect all-rounder/brush in the middle

My Shavemac 2-band Silvertip is way more luxurious (and has lots of hooked tips) than my Envy White - but then the Shavemac is a Fan, the Envy is a lower set bulb/hybrid...

All I can say is, I like them all, but they are all different. I always think I prefer Fans - yet I more often than not grab my bulbs/hybrids. The Epsilon 2-band is also a sensational knot - maybe because I used it today :D

Have to do some comparisons with @nsavage when all his brushes arrive

@alfredus mate you are starting to confuse the heck out of me.

Well, the obvious solution is you've gotta get them all ;)
Sorry @Rami - I am often confused about brushes as well and unfortunately @borked is right: you have to try some to understand/know what your likes and dislikes are... unfortunately I haven't found out yet either, so I guess I gave to try more :D