Wolf Whiskers!

thisISjoel

Well boys, the day has come! My belated birthday present arrived today!
Wolf Whiskers, Tyrion handle in Cranberry Crush (wifey helped me choose) with the 25mm Black Wolf synthetic knot (loft is 52-53mm). The brush is stunning! I'm sure the pictures don't accurately represent colour of the handle. Peter's craftsmanship is superb! The knot is great too, dense enough without being too dense to splay nicely. It has enough backbone for my tastes, but again splays very nicely. Where it really shines though is the face feel! When it comes that there's only ONE word for it, and I'm gonna spell it out for you; S-A-W-F-T SAAAWFT! No scritch whatsoever, not even a hint. Easily the best feeling brush I've ever used. Hands down, bar none.

I'm smitten! Anyway my dudes, feast your eyes (and maybe post your own WW brushes?)
2wGb1rEl.jpg
tw8JrgPl.jpg

4uIyYO4l.jpg
IGWAR3Al.jpg
lz3rXMCl.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice brush @thisISjoel !! Love the handle. I have a small 20mm WW brush - they are awesome brushes!! Enjoy mate:)

Happy Birthday and wifey has good taste - in brushes. Favorite brushes with the Black Wolf knot near the top.
My two WW brushes: RCE #22 - PiDay - Black Wolf and Ginny's Joy - Raptor - Uber Soft
pP8n0UO.jpg

rcdncEc.jpg

Very nice! How do you find the raptor shape feels in the hand? Also, can you please compare the black wolf and ubersoft knots? I'm on the list again so trying to work out what to do for my next one :)

Very nice! How do you find the raptor shape feels in the hand? Also, can you please compare the black wolf and ubersoft knots? I'm on the list again so trying to work out what to do for my next one :)

@thisISjoel I have the ubersoft and tuxedo (meant to be very similar to black wolf) for mine the tuxedo has slightly more backbone and is a better knot if you face lather, again personal opinion.

If I was on Peter Wolfs waiting list i would go all out and get a Shavemac Two band knot sent to Peter to be put into the brush and if Peter can't ship directly use ship it to.

@thisISjoel I have the ubersoft and tuxedo (meant to be very similar to black wolf) for mine the tuxedo has slightly more backbone and is a better knot if you face lather, again personal opinion.

If I was on Peter Wolfs waiting list i would go all out and get a Shavemac Two band knot sent to Peter to be put into the brush and if Peter can't ship directly use ship it to.
Thanks for the reply :) how would you compare the softness of the two knots? I'm strictly a synthetic guy so I'll either be going black wolf again, uber soft (1 or 2) or maybe getting a 30mm tuxedo sent to Peter. I think I prefer a larger knot.

Ultra plush describes the Black Wolf. Plush, very soft and more backbone describes the Ubersoft. A female neighbor commented on how soft the Ubersoft brush felt. Both are favorites and in my rotation. He tends to like a slightly high loft which helps the plush feel. I would recommend variety and both the Black Wolf and Ubersoft in your shave den. The Raptor handle has a ergonomic feel - easy to grip. WW seems have several handles in the 58-60mm range with only minor variations - all look easy to grip. WW needs a keyhole type shape.

Keep your wifey happy for a long time - Wolf Whiskers numerous nice brushes. Nice Brush!!