alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Just a heads up, if you are thinking about buying one or more of these stellar razors: from July.1 there will be a (hefty) price increase.

The BBS-1 will be 299US$ instead of 215US$ from the Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company
The Wolfman will increase 30-40% in price from 215CAN$ to ~279-301 CAN$ directly from James at Wolfman

Reservations made before July 1 will be for the original price!

Here the reasoning directly from the Wolfman site:
Why increase the prices?

- To allow for new projects to take place. Higher prices should reduce demand, freeing up the machines for new designs.

- To allow for personal service. Customers have indicated that they prefer a razor made exclusively for them. Custom handles, blade geometry, custom engraving, etc. This can and should be done. The goal is to listen to suggestions and requests, and accommodate them whenever it is possible.

- To allow more time to improve surface finishing and quality. Machining is only half of the job. The hand finishing is extensive to bring out the best quality finish on every surface possible. This is not the same as mass production and should not be done in a hurry. Output will be 300-600 per year.

All those who have emailed to reserve a razor before July 1 2015 will not be affected by the price change.

Boy am I glad, that I have them both :cool:

Boy am I glad, that I have them both :cool:
They look great, but I'm happy to have neither. But thanks for the heads up- insure some will take it into account into their decision-making.

Must have ....

... I could save money?

Best buy a few months of his inventory, just to be sure mate :)