WOW !!!

I've got less than five bucks in these two, and that includes shipping and tax. There is no razor on the planet that can outshave or outlast them, the one on the left is a 1906.

100_2913-2-jpg.97775

You can pay a lot of money, or you can buy a great razor, doing one doesn't necessarily get you the other.

A bit like a wife!

I won't get into whether it's value for money because that's in the perspective of the end user.

But I will say the 6S R6 plate shaves better and more comfortably than the Tatara Nodachi for me.

The tatara is a gorgeous razor no doubt but for my growth/skin combo, the lightweight head meant I had to "push the razor forward" to get it through the growth, this combined with a short guard span meant it was tough on my skin after consecutive days of use.

I was so bummed as the shave it provided was great but after extended use, my skin just said NO!

I'd have happily kept my 6S as it shaved effortlessly when paired with nearly any blade (Rockwell's own included) and the added weight of handle/SS material felt great. Only let down and main reason it was moved on was because it was just too mild for my scruffy beard... A very reliable daily shaver on R3-R6 plates and you'd be hard pressed to cut yourself but not that efficient even when paired with a Nacet/Bic/Feather. :(

Not really, you can buy one every day and never have two the same, many brands, from many countries, from many years, and the grind and blade configurations are limitless, and then there are the scales!
Umm I was being droll. I’ve spent more on stones this year than razors. You also didn’t mention strops. It was supposed to be funny for the straight shavers.

Over $300 for a tool you can use for the next 30, 40, 50 years and then pass on down to another generation I mean, do the math on that. Seems a worthy investment if you ask me👌🏼
If I were shopping for toys to "pass on to the next generation", I would face some serious questions as to where this generation is coming from, given that neither Mrs Gargravarr nor I have legitimate offspring. :rolleyes::eek: Scary territory definitely best avoided...

Over $300 for a tool you can use for the next 30, 40, 50 years and then pass on down to another generation I mean, do the math on that. Seems a worthy investment if you ask me👌🏼
Have you seen any young people, would you trust them with a razor blade? Have you seen any of them shave? They don't want our razors, they want to erase the past and do nothing. You need to grab some quality vintage while you can.

Have you seen any young people, would you trust them with a razor blade? Have you seen any of them shave? They don't want our razors, they want to erase the past and do nothing. You need to grab some quality vintage while you can.
My 19 year old son has been straight shaving for 2 years now, and I'll be passing my razors on to him. So yes, I have seen young people shave. :LOL:

As far as the $300 for a tool that lasts 30,40,50 years, this is absolutley correct. Normalised cost per year is trivial, but the theory falls apart when you are onto your 6th razor & just want one more for for a 7 day set.