Yaqi Sentinel 1.5 SB and 1.5 OC design changes

Morholt

I don't want to derail the weekly razor review thread, so I posted this in a separate thread.
I could compare the SB and the OC version of the Yaqi Sentinel, a Wolfman WR2 design imitation. Both razors 1.5 gap version.

RNcxC2z.jpg

The OC version to the right has a thinner cap, I also read they cannot be interchanged between their plates. Haven't tried myself yet, though.

The cap looks different from the side indeed, the changes in geometry though are rather noticed elsewhere:
1.) OC has slightly more blade coverage from the cap from above.
2.) The OC teeth are slightly less extended than the bar of the SB head.
3.) This gives a bit more exposure of the shaving plane

All in all, this makes for a closer shave. It was not just the OC design with some gaps.
Shaving characteristics in general didn't change considerably, but efficiency got increased noticeably.

A friend will soon be able to compare with the DSCosmetic AX head, a ~1.5 gap SB version. Errol found its closer to the real deal Wolfman. Comparing SB and OC is a not exactly apples with apples, but let's see.
Some users prefer the 1.5 SB head, it is a bit milder, but also less efficient. I rather think the OC is closer to the intended design.

I just got a report that the 1.5 DSCosmetic Titanium AX had no problems with the blade and also shaved nicely. But I rather leave the detailed report to my buddy and will badger him to post it himself. ✌️