You can never have too much Proraso....

Hmmm now call me sceptical but:

Description from the 'Proraso Pro Barbers Shaving Brush':
The Proraso natural bristle shaving brush is a very popular choice due to its quality and stylish chromed plastic handle. It is the most widely used shaving brush in Italy and comes with a very reasonable price tag.

Description from the Omega 48 Pro Shaving Brush:
From the Omega 48 professional series this boar bristle brush is a very popular choice due to its quality and stylish chromed plastic handle. It is the most widely used shaving brush in Italy and comes with a very reasonable price tag.

Now I would have thought it likely that Omega made the brush for Proraso given their high profiles in the Italian market but can't Proraso atleast get their own original product description? :huh:

Without seeing the measurables (loft/knot width etc) it looks tentatively ~$8 marginal cost to have a soap companies name on your Omega. :p Don't get me wrong, either way I'm sure its decent value as Omega's are fantastic brushes at almost any price point. :)

Last edited:
The Proraso brush is a rebadged 48. Been around a long time. Just taken a while for some sites to stock it. Shaving ie even say so in their product blurb on the 48 - "Proraso rebrand this as the Proraso Boar Brush".

This was my first real (non-chemist/Woolies) brush!

The Omega version not Proraso. It was great, big but good. I passed it onto my dad.

Hope you like it.