Your Favorite Double Edge Safety Razor Blades are NO MORE!

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner

Started stocking up your favourite Russian DE blades....... NOW!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TdBmist.gif

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Gillette dropped its connection with St Petersburg not long after the start of the Ukraine conflict. So any that you can get now will be NOS.

Glad to be out of the DE market. I never got the hype about Feathers though. They're a sharp enough blade, but not smooth, and definitely poor on longevity. Knowing what I know now, if I were still into DE razors, I would stock up on a few hundred Gillette 7 O' Clock Yellows and plenty of German Wilkies.

I was under the impression that Gillette dropped its connection with St Petersburg not long after the start of the Ukraine conflict. So any that you can get now will be NOS.

Glad to be out of the DE market. I never got the hype about Feathers though. They're a sharp enough blade, but not smooth, and definitely poor on longevity. Knowing what I know now, if I were still into DE razors, I would stock up on a few hundred Gillette 7 O' Clock Yellows and plenty of German Wilkies.
Totally agree with everything you wrote here.

Astra though are my all round favourite so I'd be very disappointed if these would ever become unavailable.

Totally agree with everything you wrote here.

Astra though are my all round favourite so I'd be very disappointed if these would ever become unavailable.
Meanwhile I do not get on with astra at all,That said it’s been a good 2-3 years since I tried them.
This chat had promoted me to open my box of 200 feathers to give them a run and in the red tip it was a terrific smooth easy shave.

*shrug* guess it keeps us coming back to the forum huh

Meanwhile I do not get on with astra at all,That said it’s been a good 2-3 years since I tried them.
This chat had promoted me to open my box of 200 feathers to give them a run and in the red tip it was a terrific smooth easy shave.

*shrug* guess it keeps us coming back to the forum huh
I don't mind Feathers and will still buy them every now and then, but I always find the first shave with one is rough as guts, after that, they are great, but I seem to only get 4 - 5 shaves and then they're pretty much done.

It's like Cloud blades, I absolutely swear by them but @SpeedyPC thinks the factory making them should be carpet bombed :LOL:

I don't mind Feathers and will still buy them every now and then, but I always find the first shave with one is rough as guts, after that, they are great, but I seem to only get 4 - 5 shaves and then they're pretty much done.

It's like Cloud blades, I absolutely swear by them but @SpeedyPC thinks the factory making them should be carpet bombed :LOL:
Haha I haven’t tried cloud but perhaps I should buy some up for speedy’s Xmas gift.

Some of you guys have known me long enough on this forum, that I already have a lifetime supplied of Russian blades in my den many many moons ago.

I knew long ago that one day in the future, P&G would close down the Saint Petersburg factory in Russia, and Russia was planning something disrespectful across Europe long before Ukraine was in bombardment.

Last edited:
Some of you guys have known me long enough on this forum, that I already have a lifetime supplied of Russian blades in my den many many moons ago.

I knew long ago that one day in the future, P&G would close down the Saint Petersburg factory in Russia, and Russia was planning something disrespectful across Europe long before Ukraine was in bombardment.
I think most of us have a few lifetimes worth :)

Wow. Just wow. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You are not well-known for the refinement of your prose, but to characterise the assault on Ukraine as "something disrespectful" is just exquisite. Well done, I doff my hat to you sir. 👏 👏
Russia has the power to control their own oil and gas against Europe, if, Russia doesn't get what they want, and they just keep on increasing the price of oil and gas.

Russia has the power to control their own oil and gas against Europe, if, Russia doesn't get what they want, and they just keep on increasing the price of oil and gas.
Except hardly anyone is buying it anymore, so they have cut their own throats.

It's the same as when China stopped buying our coal, we found other markets with barely a dip in sales. Once China realised they needed our coal they came back only to be told that we don't have much to sell them as it's now going elsewhere.

Except hardly anyone is buying it anymore, so they have cut their own throats.

It's the same as when China stopped buying our coal, we found other markets with barely a dip in sales. Once China realised they needed our coal they came back only to be told that we don't have much to sell them as it's now going elsewhere.
I was surprised that @SpeedyPC could string 32 words together, not grammatical contact but at least strung together.

I was surprised that @SpeedyPC could string 32 words together, not grammatical contact but at least strung together.
That’s because was been born deaf with a vocabulary issue, and twenty six years later as I get older I became profoundly deaf and I have a Cochlear Implant, and still suffering with a vocabulary hearing disorder.

China is planning to get all the mining resources from Africa, and this will upset the Australian mining industry.

China is planning to get all the mining resources from Africa, and this will upset the Australian mining industry.
Not really, Africa can't supply in the quantities that we can so China won't get enough of what they need. It doesn't help that African mines are very difficult to access.

Also, in regard to coal, we have the cleanest coal in the world. China needs this to operate their latest coal fired electrical power stations which were built to run on this coal. As they found out when they stopped buying it, their maintenance costs skyrocketed. Thats why they paid through the nose to buy our coal off India whilst maintaining their coal ban against us.