2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

4WlLC6S.jpg

@12c each YNOT also because many compare them to Astra SP a stable blade in the den

A little while ago I visited mum and whilst there I asked her if she knew the whereabouts of dads old razor. She said she hadn't seen it for years and that he may have thrown it out. As a kid, I remember him using a DE before eventually moving to plastic disposable razors. I remember learning to shave using his DE, before "upgrading" to the newer gear.

I went to visit on the weekend and she said she had something she'd found as she was going through some stuff! I know someone here will be able to identify it.

You can just make out the Gilette logo on the cap if you hold it at the right angle.
I ran out of time to try it out yesterday, I will have to wait for later this morning.

There was a "Woolworths Super Stainless" blade in it, so I'm guessing he'd gone back to using it at some point after I moved away from home. I didn't know Woolies ever released their own brand DE blades. On that note, I just had a look at their website and they sell their own brand carts. Check out the "Made in" location on the right side of the writing - they are very well-travelled razor blades! That really reinforces why we should all be using DE razors instead of carts!

A little while ago I visited mum and whilst there I asked her if she knew the whereabouts of dads old razor. She said she hadn't seen it for years and that he may have thrown it out. As a kid, I remember him using a DE before eventually moving to plastic disposable razors. I remember learning to shave using his DE, before "upgrading" to the newer gear.

I went to visit on the weekend and she said she had something she'd found as she was going through some stuff! I know someone here will be able to identify it.

You can just make out the Gilette logo on the cap if you hold it at the right angle.
I ran out of time to try it out yesterday, I will have to wait for later this morning.

There was a "Woolworths Super Stainless" blade in it, so I'm guessing he'd gone back to using it at some point after I moved away from home. I didn't know Woolies ever released their own brand DE blades. On that note, I just had a look at their website and they sell their own brand carts. Check out the "Made in" location on the right side of the writing - they are very well-travelled razor blades! That really reinforces why we should all be using DE razors instead of carts!

Good old English ball-end Tech.

Similar to this in the No 24 Set -

1956%20(B1%20on%20blade)%20No24%20Tech%20England.JPG

Thanks Mark, I guessed you'd come to the party. I just finished using it, and as a nostalgic event it was excellent, as a shaving event it was super smooth, never felt like I was going to cut myself, but it was a little disappointing. I had a few days of growth and I had to work really hard to get through it even with a new Nacet, and the end result was not up to my usual expectations. I look back now and laugh at how nervous I was the first time I used it, worrying that I was going to sever my jugular!

I'm glad I've got it, but the Lupo 72 is not in danger of losing its place as my regular choice.

Thanks Mark, I guessed you'd come to the party. I just finished using it, and as a nostalgic event it was excellent, as a shaving event it was super smooth, never felt like I was going to cut myself, but it was a little disappointing. I had a few days of growth and I had to work really hard to get through it even with a new Nacet, and the end result was not up to my usual expectations. I look back now and laugh at how nervous I was the first time I used it, worrying that I was going to sever my jugular!

I'm glad I've got it, but the Lupo 72 is not in danger of losing its place as my regular choice.

Slip a Feather or some other really sharp blade in - worth a crack with one of those!

Thanks for sharing that image @Mark1966 as I was struggling to identify a razor set from my father as it was missing a base plate and cover for the case and I had no markings to go by but am convinced what I was looking for was this particular Gillette! (y)(y)(y)

She already punishes me. If I don't play with her enough,
she won't let me get in bed and I have to sleep on the sofa.
uXnxBnV.jpg
8IKFlfp.jpg
Good...... Let's see how much she keeps annoying you, maybe you're better off sleeping on the sofa, because, she needs your attention.

How does she cope with the cold,being a short hair.
My daughter had a Malmute,loved the Canberra Winters but suffered in Summer.
Most Summers were spent indoors with the air on