August 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey anyone want to acquire a nice selection of metals.[/URL]
Auction ends in 30 minutes and there's some reputed shaves amongst them - razors and blades!.

Thanks good sir for the heads up, but a pass for me...

Hey anyone want to acquire a nice selection of metals.
Auction ends in 30 minutes and there's some reputed shaves amongst them - razors and blades!.
Well that just auction end at $87.50 for:

- Gillette NEW
- Merkur Bakelite
- Edwin Jagger 86
- FaTip Grande OC.
- Feather TTO.
- Muhle, handle only.

300 blades-
21 boxes of 7a.m. Platinum Hi Stainless. 5 blades ea
3 boxes Dorco New Platinum ST-301. 10 blades ea
2 boxes Treet Dura Sharp. 10 blades ea
10 boxes Astra Superior Platinum. 5 blades ea
3 boxes Gillette 7o'clock Super Platinum. 5 blades ea
8 boxes Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless. 5 blades ea
9 boxes Derby Extra Super Stainless. 5 blades ea
2 boxes Shark Super Chrome. 5 blades ea
opened boxes of Lord, Perma-Sharp, Dorco, Treet.

oh boy!!!! anyone here score it?

Saw it but while the price is OK there was nothing there I wanted.

I have too much stuff already though!

I have a very special acquisition arriving on Friday afternoon. It is something I never realy thought I would acquire but acquire it I shall - more closer to the exciting moment.

I have a very special acquisition arriving on Friday afternoon. It is something I never realy thought I would acquire but acquire it I shall - more closer to the exciting moment.

Tease

Pills ?

My first win ever on ebay.

I received a Slim 1963 TTO adjustable in the mail this morning. Paid $37.

Really good condition cosmetically, inside the doors looks like new. No real scuffing or wear, though the painted numbers have worn.

One small thing is that when I twist to lock sometimes it doesn't engage and I put a tiny bit of pressure on the door and it clicks down.

All the adjustments click.

Maybe there is gunk inside but I am not game to break it down.

I shaved with it and was severely impressed.

Now I want one for my birth year, 1953 if anyone has suggestions.

Great score on the Slim, Marlow.

Yep, a 40's style Super Speed would be my suggestion too. The SS is my favorite in terms of shave performance.

My first win ever on ebay.

I received a Slim 1963 TTO adjustable in the mail this morning. Paid $37.

Congrats! A good price for a great razor.
Now you have a razor like Bond, James Bond.

Maybe there is gunk inside but I am not game to break it down.

I've soaked my old Gillettes in dishwashing liquid with freshly boiled water for an hour. Then scrubbed with an old toothbrush and toothpaste. Then dunked again in DW liquid/boiled water for another hour... Etc...

They come out beautifully clean and gunk-free.

Or you can just use an ultrasonic bath...

EDIT: Mental moment... I meant DW liquid, not vinegar! Yikes! Bad move. Soaking in vinegar solution will make the razor brittle and damage it!!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Mong. , mate this is absolutely gorgeous. Please let us know how it goes. Gorgeous!!!!

Ta mate, it is quite the looker. Once it gets a few more shaves under it's belt I'll put a thread up with some post-bloom pics and a bit of a review.

What they said ^^^

The 1940s Super Speed is a GREAT and under-rated razor IMHO. I would be happy with one of those as a birth year razor.

Of course the pick would be the President (nickel) or Diplomat (gold) - the premium products of that era.

Status
Not open for further replies.