AusFarce or AusFantastic?

I ordered a set of wiper blades last Thursday from Sydney, they were going to be delivered to me the next day but required a signature. I work 10 hour days and can't get to the post office so I diverted the parcel to a parcel locker at my local post office. This normally adds another day to it being delivered but it's not a problem.

On Tuesday I get an update saying that it's being transported from where it is in Newcastle to my local post office which is roughly a 15 minute drive. It's now Thursday and it's still on it's 15 minute journey from one suburb to the next.

Not AusPost's fault, but in the delivery space ...

I ordered some AirTags the other night and, as is not uncommon with tech products, Apple will not deliver to my PO box for 'security' reasons. So I have to have them sent to my home address as AusPost and couriers seems to struggle to find our first floor office.

Apple is senting these via AusPost, so instead of being entirely within the AusPost network and delivered to my locked PO box they are being delivered to my home, and do not require a signature, so will simply be dumped on the front door - how is that more secure?

I've had a long running battle with my Dinnerly meals box being delivered. I told them I wanted it delivered to the carport at the back door but it was always left in front of the garage in full view of the street. How it was never knocked off has me stuffed.

Thankfully one day it turned up late and I was able to tell the driver that the garage isn't a carport and I haven't had an issue since.

IMHO delivery drivers, regardless of employer, simply wish to drop and run. They display no interest regarding Instructions, merely the address.

I got really lucky with my local Star Track contractor delivery guy. He would go out of his way to hide them for me when he knew we weren't home and would always stopped for a chat when I was home. Even luckier, when he retired, his nephew took over the run and he is fantastic as well.

I got really lucky with my local Star Track contractor delivery guy. He would go out of his way to hide them for me when he knew we weren't home and would always stopped for a chat when I was home. Even luckier, when he retired, his nephew took over the run and he is fantastic as well.
Likewise, my StarTrack guy (who also delivers for DHL) knows me by name, drives the full 2½ km past my mailbox up my steep, winding gravel driveway to deliver straight to my door. If I'm not in, he takes a picture to show where he's put it and sends it to me.

But honestly, I don't have any trouble with AusPost, other than the interminable amount of time packages are left sitting around at major sorting offices. Once they're in Tasmania, I pretty much always get them within a day, weekends excepted.

WOW, simply WOW! If only AusFarce was able to compete!
TNT Express Consignment Status History
We've collected your shipment 05/09/2022 16:46:13Ballarat
Your shipment data is lodged05/09/2022 16:51:11Ballarat
We're processing your shipment05/09/2022 21:28:33Melbourne - Airport
We're processing your shipment06/09/2022 08:49:18Perth - Welshpool
We're processing your shipment06/09/2022 09:37:55Perth - Welshpool

Same thing here in Brisbane
Went twice to Redbank

In transit to next facility in REDBANK QLD

Fri 2 Sep, 6.40pm
Item processed at facility
BRISBANE QLD

Fri 2 Sep, 6.15pm
Arrived at sorting facility

REDBANK QLD
Fri 2 Sep, 3.53pm
In transit to next facility

Fri 2 Sep, 2.21am
Item processed at facility
SYDNEY NSW

Fri 2 Sep, 1.04am
Received by our network

Ordered 7th September from Beard and Blade…….still waiting!

Anyone remember the days when you would order from Beard and Blade in the morning and the delivery would arrive the next day?

Ordered 7th September from Beard and Blade…….still waiting!

Anyone remember the days when you would order from Beard and Blade in the morning and the delivery would arrive the next day?

Definitely, they were fantastic to deal with, but for some reason it has slowed down.

Just read this on our village Facebook page (Otford 2508):
4QE3Ivm.jpg

"Just wanted to let people know that our postbox wasn’t being emptied for at least two months! I spoke to Australia Post after suspecting this was the case, and finally the cobwebs have been cleaned off, and the letter I posted in July has arrived (in Bulli). In case anyone else has had items not arrive."

Left Sydney en-route to Canberra and then ...

Cch2FOhl.png