Barrister & Mann

Sorry this took me a bit. The bar exam is next week, so we're down to the wire and my time is somewhat more limited than I'd prefer.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Mike's Natural (when you can get them), Bufflehead (though the only scent I own reminds me of Dreft laundry detergent), I Coloniali, Valobra (though the scents are, in most cases, ghastly), Tabac, Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream, Occams, Nancy Boy, etc. I guess it's a shorter list to ask what I DON'T like. :D

Thanks for your response Will, seems you like a lot of stuff like the rest of us :)

Good luck with the Bar Exam.

Sorry, keeping this one close to the chest. Once all is ready and prepared, I'll let you in on the secret. :)
Must be quite spectacular, like visiting here for scent inspiration ;)

Sorry this took me a bit. The bar exam is next week, so we're down to the wire and my time is somewhat more limited than I'd prefer.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Mike's Natural (when you can get them), Bufflehead (though the only scent I own reminds me of Dreft laundry detergent), I Coloniali, Valobra (though the scents are, in most cases, ghastly), Tabac, Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream, Occams, Nancy Boy, etc. I guess it's a shorter list to ask what I DON'T like. :D
OOI - what do you think of European soaps such as the varieties in MdC and LPL?
Best of luck with the exams mate. You go get 'em tiger!

OOI - what do you think of European soaps such as the varieties in MdC and LPL?
Best of luck with the exams mate. You go get 'em tiger!

Thanks!

And they're alright. I REALLY don't care for the scent of original LPL, but I have their Lavender & Vetiver Limited Edition and that's very nice. MdC is also good. That said, both soaps are very expensive in relation to their ingredient lists and I don't especially feel that their performance warrants such a high price tag. I don't think I'll replace either.

Have you tried @Anthony Shaver Heaven products yet ?
IIRC you two were considering trading products?

Best of luck with round two.

Anyone out there got Lavanville? I'm tempted and be keen to hear your thoughts on the scent and performance (it's B&M so I assume the latter is a no brainer)

Anyone out there got Lavanville? I'm tempted and be keen to hear your thoughts on the scent and performance (it's B&M so I assume the latter is a no brainer)
@Monsta_AU posted his thoughts on it. I think @borked has some too. It's quite a rich scent and a thumbs up from me. (I've only smelt it though...)

Yeah, I have it. Performance is a given as per normal if not better.

The scent is really different, and the soap and lather end up brown. The immediate note in the tub is a dry & powdery cocoa which Will has noted comes from the Vanillin that he chose to use. Then the slightly more astringent notes come in and you can get slight leather, lavender & cedar coming through. Lathered it softens the chocolate and you pick up more of the underlying leather & bitterness from Mousse de Saxxe base.

Yeah, I have it. Performance is a given as per normal if not better.

The scent is really different, and the soap and lather end up brown. The immediate note in the tub is a dry & powdery cocoa which Will has noted comes from the Vanillin that he chose to use. Then the slightly more astringent notes come in and you can get slight leather, lavender & cedar coming through. Lathered it softens the chocolate and you pick up more of the underlying leather & bitterness from Mousse de Saxxe base.
That sounds terrific! Though you've not said whether you actually like the scent RM?

Last edited:
The Latha range is really getting a boost! Apart from the Proraso Red I have no other Sandalwood scents so it's on the radar.

....and at that price, why would you buy Proraso ?

I already have the Proraso. I doubt I would buy it again unless the B&M scent profile is wrong.

I like the Proraso as it is a straight Mysore Sandalwood. No more, no less.

I already have the Proraso. I doubt I would buy it again unless the B&M scent profile is wrong.

I like the Proraso as it is a straight Mysore Sandalwood. No more, no less.

Actually, it's New Caledonian sandalwood, which is considerably less expensive. Regardless, we're not using sandalwood oil in the soap. Far too expensive; I can't buy it by the ton like Proraso did. We also decided to incorporate a note of black currant into the soap to give it an unusual twist. :)