Blade Review: Perma-Sharp Super (Russian made, cardboard box - 5 blades)

Yeah Jug. My clubs have been fitted by a guy.

I'm still rubbish but I can't blame the equipment :laugh:

PSS...really can't recommend these enough. My only caveat is that they don't seem to like too mild a razor.

Yeah Jug. My clubs have been fitted by a guy.

I'm still rubbish but I can't blame the equipment :laugh:

PSS...really can't recommend these enough. My only caveat is that they don't seem to like too mild a razor.

I'm really liking these. Sharp, yet mild. I use them in the 30C, which is less aggressive then the 34, but not Gillette-mild.

Pulled the trigger on 100.

Hand test ATG.

I have neck irritation thanks to this post.

I knew that Spoiler/HD combo was trouble waiting to happen. Smooth enough to try stupid s*** I should know better than by now!

The PrrreShhhiouS will restore order in a few days no doubt.

I'm really liking these. Sharp, yet mild. I use them in the 30C, which is less aggressive then the 34, but not Gillette-mild.

Pulled the trigger on 100.

What? Drubbing is adding something different to his shaving routine? I'm almost in tears.

Hello there,

The Perma-Sharp Super Stainless have been in my blade rotation for 2 years now, they are very good blades indeed.
I have to say that I prefer them over the more expensive Polsilver Super Iridium that are manufactured in the same factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree with you Max. The Polsilver Super Iridium are nice but not as sharp as the Permasharp Supers. As a result, they do not shave as close.

The Permasharp Super would have to be the best value modern production blade. 20c/unit delivered in lots of 300 blades via BestShave.net is top value. I need to get more because they will be worth a fortune in 20 years time.

I'm keen on 100 if these babies so if anyone else is considering it then let me know and we'll syndicate to get 300 and qualify for the BS.net $50 free shipping….don't want to have to plus up my cart with arko.

If not, I'm happy to support our local guys and pay the $40 delivered. Which isn't that bad if I only buy 100 from BS.net, once you tick it over into AUS dollars then it's $30 ($29.74 for the more parsimonious of our tribe)

Your Shopping Cart Contents
Dear guest ; Please note that The more product the lower the shipping cost.
Total Items: 1 Weight: 0.11kgs Amount: $22.42

Qty.Item NameUnitTotal

100 Perma-sharp Double Edge Razor Blades $22.42$22.42
Sub-Total: $22.42

Shipping quotes are based on the address information you selected:
NEW SOUTH WALES AUSTRALIA
Available Shipping MethodsRates
Ptt Turkey Postal Service, Registered Express Air post/Group3 (1 x 0.11kgs) (Registered Express Air post)$7.32

Last edited:
You really think by using a small font you'd escape the gaze of the Arko SS? The Gestarko if you will.
And I reckon I know exactly who the Himmler of this little starchy, smell like a men's toilet, squad would be. Having said that I've never tried the stuff…..but I also don't need to eat monkey brains, leopard testicles or hippopotamus snot to know I probably won't be my flavour ;)
BTW: also be keen to buy some PSS from anyone who went down the BS.net route and bought big, be happy with anything from 5-100….you could throw a slice of urinal cake in there too if you'd like to prove me wrong. I'll throw in a WTB on the BST here

I can send you a couple of packs if you wish. I'm only using vintage blades and can barely get through any of those. You're not getting any Arko from me though. Aside from the fact I've only got one stick, those disparaging remarks from somebody who hasn't even tried it is just too much. That's why there's an Arko gestapo here. To clamp down on negative remarks and to enforce thoughtspeak. PM me your address.

Should I tell the story of the one time I tried some Arko and the missus walks in the bathroom and says, ' Has the cat pissed in here'?

No? OK then.
Drubs you're on fire this week mate! 'king gold!

I can send you a couple of packs if you wish. I'm only using vintage blades and can barely get through any of those. You're not getting any Arko from me though. Aside from the fact I've only got one stick, those disparaging remarks from somebody who hasn't even tried it is just too much. That's why there's an Arko gestapo here. To clamp down on negative remarks and to enforce thoughtspeak. PM me your address.
S'pose my anti-Turkish bath slippery stick sentiment is simply a cry for attention. I'll get some soon to try and see if it gets me out of the closet.

PMed re: PSS.

I always buy at least 300 Permasharps from Bestshave each throw. Best value blade out there by a mile.

If they ever get discontinued, then people will speak about them like Swedes and Super Iridums.

Thanks RM.
Mate are BestShave.net all good to deal with? Bugger it maybe I'll get 300 blades and a stick of Arko. How long does it take to get here from Turkey - a fortnight? Is the Turkish Post OK?

Stills, if you can wait a couple of days, we should have a chat about maybe doing a big order. My old man and I are both keen to get some more of the PSS, and I'm going to buy a decent amount to stash.

It sounds like there could be enough for a small GB.
Worth hitting up a few of our sponsors to see if they can do a deal ?