February 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing shaving related coming to me. Bought a few cases for my Galaxy S4 but that's about it. Oh and a few pairs of drumsticks.

Only a new pushbike here... A previously-enjoyed Genesis Mantle 10 29er (XL frame)... I should probably mention it to the missus at some point but she'll just roll her eyes I expect/hope.

No shaving gear here either.

I have been working on the old bathroom for three days, nothing major, just a tidy up; patch plaster, paint, replace a couple of floor boards and some skirting, rehang the cistern lower. Great way to spend my holidays.

I ordered some TOBS Grapefruit shaving cream and more feathers. The cream soaps up really easily and smells great :)

I think this will be my next purchase.

I really didn't like the Lemon/Lime TOBS sample pot I got from Mensbiz... the scent was okay but lacking once you lathered it up. Is the grapefuit more of the same?

On my side, I need to put some orders in. A pot of Jermyn, a tube of Proraso Red & a Proraso Green too. Not sure what else to get.

Only a new pushbike here... A previously-enjoyed Genesis Mantle 10 29er (XL frame)... I should probably mention it to the missus at some point but she'll just roll her eyes I expect/hope.

Excellent. I owned a Peace 9R for a while (29er single speed) and it was a blast. 29er's are great for rolling over the rough stuff. I imagine you'd have some great riding in your part of the world too.

Tell the missus it keeps you fit and is cheaper (in the long run) than gym membership. Disclaimer this doesn't work when you buy a second bike (I know from experience!)

This is the tricky second bike... And given the wheel/frame size I can't even pretend she can borrow it :)

Gym membership was never on the cards and she knows it

This is the tricky second bike... And given the wheel/frame size I can't even pretend she can borrow it :)

Gym membership was never on the cards and she knows it

It's cheaper than a red Ferrari or a Harley soft tail or the sultry blonde mistress or any other male itch. Tell her that. She should be grateful. Tell her that too. She'll understand.

It's cheaper than a red Ferrari or a Harley soft tail or the sultry blonde mistress or any other male itch. Tell her that. She should be grateful. Tell her that too. She'll understand.
I want evidence that this has ever worked on a female anywhere in the world.

I want evidence that this has ever worked on a female anywhere in the world.

You need to read more carefully mate! Emphasis mine:

Translation:

She should be grateful = You would expect her to be grateful but she is not and ...

Tell her that too. She'll understand. = Tell her that she should be grateful and she will understand exactly what you are saying - and I would NOT want to be in your shoes mate!

Sounds like the voice of experience Mark. "Oh darling I have just purchased a quadruple ring gold plated three headed razor and I only had to increase the mortgage slightly" Dong goes the frying pan - whoosh go the cut crystal glasses shriek go the children all aimed at you. Sound at all familiar @Mark1966 .

Sounds like the voice of experience Mark. "Oh darling I have just purchased a quadruple ring gold plated three headed razor and I only had to increase the mortgage slightly" Dong goes the frying pan - whoosh go the cut crystal glasses shriek go the children all aimed at you. Sound at all familiar @Mark1966 .

No mate - I have the PERFECT wife. Long suffering enough to put up with me and very understanding :)

Mark @ Simpsons is an interesting character, but I'll tell you what, they do some great work. My latest re-knot arrived from them today.

These are the before pics from the eBay listing

I don't have any of my own as I got it sent straight to Simpsons on the Isle of Man. This is what arrived in my mail box today

Magnificent, absolutely magnificent!

Most of the lap black was lost in the polishing out of the scratches but the butterscotch was retain. I have no idea how they managed that. Of course I only paid for teh re-knotting - this just happens!

I can't wait to try it - pity I have to wait till my birthday in March ...

After seeing that I now intend to trawl ebay until I find a nice old handle and then get it knotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.