February 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cat_its_beautiful.jpg

I don't even want to know the damage on that....

I do. Mark would you care to PM me the price? Unless you would rather not. Which I understand.

The cost for the re-knot in best was $100. They ended up doing in super which was a bonus that I didn't object to!

Very impressed with the polishing jobs.

Just a heads up that there might be some very nice re-knotted vintage brushes up for sale soonish ....

The cost for the re-knot in best was $100. They ended up doing in super which was a bonus that I didn't object to!

Very impressed with the polishing jobs.

Just a heads up that there might be some very nice re-knotted vintage brushes up for sale soonish ....
Button pusher lol

What? Who? Me?

BTW that cost was on top of the $25(?) for the brush

Ah Mark, sounds like you are up to your old tricks again. Tempting us with such nice objects.

Very nice results on the re-knot and polish. I'd be interested to see their process in action- see what tools/techniques they use etc.

For ~$125 then that it s a very nice brush. The super upgrade is probably a thanks from Simmo's for your support. It's not the first one that you have done.

I feel like I have to buy a brush and send it to Simmos now. You are indeed a button pusher Marko.

Nice one Mark!

I wonder if Simpsons will advertise this service more widely.

Would love to see a "Get Knotted" advertisement :D

It is a great result and certainly money well spent IMHO!

Pfff....you call that a brush? Here's a real brush:

Boeckh's III.jpg

And some other beauties:

Culmak etc.jpg

Not trying to demean the vintage Simmo but all these are Marks too. Just trying-possibly doomed to failure with an avid/pathological collector-to expand his brush horizon beyond the admittedly much more collectible Simpson. The one on the far right is a beautiful little handle with an amber look to it. They're all dry fits but that's basically what they'll end up looking like.

WOW - they all look amazing with a knot in them.

Sensational work Pete!

Seriously, a nice get that. 22c/blade before postage, you have to be happy with that.
Handling and posage should be about another AU$35, so 35c/blade landed, hopefully. Pretty chuffed with myself. 25 year supply of schicks, my wife is happy as she thinks I will out live her now I have so many blades.

So was anybody here the culprit on this one?

Over $100 on a cased Fatboy on eBay Australia - I think that is a first.

Of course sensible people who want an uncased (or maybe even a cased one) for a more sensible price would have just contacted me !

I don't think any of us are quite that stupid Mark, but with the pricing on the up in the US it was only a matter of time.

Makes me wonder if I should list mine for sale....... only paid about $40 delivered for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.