February 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of us are quite that stupid Mark, but with the pricing on the up in the US it was only a matter of time.

Makes me wonder if I should list mine for sale....... only paid about $40 delivered for it.

I didn't think so either but ...

I didn't think so either but ...

When I see very low-grade Fatboys listed in the US at $80-90, the simple fact is eventually we will be paying more.

You can still find them, just filter to BIN listings, sorted by newest. Amazing how many get listed at $10-$30 BIN.

Then plus $25 postage from the US :(

Button pusher lol

And they'll be in Perth for a while too. A choice of at least six re-knotted butterscotch handles. Think about that Jugster. Sitting there.....waiting for you.

@Mark1966 : That's not just throwing a baited hook out, I think that would qualify as a direct hit with a spearfish gun.

Last edited:
buy me, buy me, buy me ....

Can you hear them calling ....

Just re-knotted a beautiful Culmak. Really deep dark butterscotch. Has got some sexy little black surface cracks too. Might not be to everybody's taste but it looks like an old painting, one of those 17th century Dutch masters. Polished up very nicely too. Nice silvertip badger knot........drool........

I'm trying @Mark1966

@Pjotr - you go got it mate

Mind you - that sounds really appealing to me .....

I bought a Semogue 1800 on another forum for $25, second hand, and a Proraso Green bowl for $10. Free postage.

My learned colleague @Pjotr tells me they are tricky to re-knot so I will see how it goes...if the brush is good enough, and it's only two months old, I may keep it as is.

Good handle.

Why else would you?
I do actually like the Semogues, my first was a Semogue .... I think i sold it to someone on here, not sure who. RM picked it out for me.

The one with the clear handle. Awesome brush but got a little floppy eventually.

Might have been an 830.

Will I ever use it?? Who knows ... But for $4, how could I pass it up!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393000074.104002.jpg

Yes. I have the razors and blades from previous impulse purchases(;-(

Will I ever use it?? Who knows ... But for $4, how could I pass it up!View attachment 575

Yes. I have the razors and blades from previous impulse purchases(;-(

Been there done that - they seem worth trying late at night ...

Well gents... 350km on the new bike and even though she sees me passing the front window on it no mention of 'is that a new bike?'

Well gents... 350km on the new bike and even though she sees me passing the front window on it no mention of 'is that a new bike?'

And you haven't noticed the six pairs of new shoes she's just bought. Stop your gloating, I'll bet she's miles ahead of you.

The intrigue deepens. I like the baking paraphernalia idea far better than the shoes. That's the kind of hands on stuff that's worth collecting. You'll need the bike(s) to lose the calories. There you go, you've got your retort!

Status
Not open for further replies.