February 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I better get this up before the end of the month.... thanks @Anthony , www.shaving.ie and eBay :)

tasr54.jpg

Sabbatical Fail #2 -

Packaged to survive a nuclear winter - or AusPost going their hardest:

It is my pleasure to present to you a vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 boar brush:

Not a planned purchase and I almost passed on this but Simpson boars are not common and while I've had one before it was NOS and I passed on to a collector. This one is very much user grade and I will give it a run. Thanks to @Sxot for enabling me on this. Despite the taunting I will receive I could not let this go without viewing and I am still planning on showing great restraint for the rest of the year.

Tsk, tsk @Mark1966. No taunting required - but now the cork has been popped why don't you just acknowledge you have failed and go back to your normal (non-collecting) purchasing regime?

@SydBJW Not that I will get down there anytime in the near future, but does The Stray Whisker have open packs of each/all/most item(s) in the store so that you can determine if the scent is right for you?
I couldn't imagine what the combination of those scents in night music in your pic would smell like. Sounds nice and revolting at the same time.

@SydBJW Not that I will get down there anytime in the near future, but does The Stray Whisker have open packs of each/all/most item(s) in the store so that you can determine if the scent is right for you?
I couldn't imagine what the combination of those scents in night music in your pic would smell like. Sounds nice and revolting at the same time.

His warehouse had samples of most products that he stocks that you could test smell, man it is sensory overload :)

Looks very cool! But I think I would be too afraid to use a ceramic brush :(

@alfredus I got his new fatter style handle, I was worried about a ceramic brush at first but it feel great in the hand and has more than enough grip for my hand (y)

His warehouse had samples of most products that he stocks that you could test smell, man it is sensory overload :)
As long as it isn't the men's equivalent of Lush! I don't think I could go inside if that were the case.

Big day for the postie today. Big thanks to @stillshunter for the samples. Trying new gear never gets old.
Scuttle/Brush/Fat Boy was an Ebay win. Thanks to @Mark1966 for the heads up on that one. The brush is going into the bin but I expected that. The Fat Boy is the real prize. It's in excellent condition and just needs a little clean up and polish.
The Duke is the replacement from Shaver Hut after they sent the wrong one. Express Post too.

273.JPG
What year and quarter is the FB

Status
Not open for further replies.