Greetings and Gratitude

Would love to get one though my only experience with a Shavette about 5 years ago gave me the finest results on my cheek but after I was done with my neck, it looked like Edward Scissorhands had a go. I had nine nicks and three weepers, called them the Bloody Dozen.

Having said that, I still rmember Barbers in my childhood sharpening their straight razors and using it for my sidelocks, behind the ears and the on the neck. Cherish the hands of those blokes who has a feather touch and sleight of hand.
Shavettes are probably the most unforgiving form of shaving. Starting with one has turned many a man off of straight razor shaving.

You need to overcome your ill-founded fear. It does take patience and practise to succeed at straight razor shaving, however, most men successfully shaved with traditional straight razors for hundreds of years.

Instructions for beginners can be found here:

Most straight razor shavers here (about a third of active members) will guide you on your journey into the gentlemanly art of straight razor shaving.

Shavettes are probably the most unforgiving form of shaving. Starting with one has turned many a man off of straight razor shaving.

You need to overcome your ill-founded fear. It does take patience and practise to succeed at straight razor shaving, however, most men successfully shaved with traditional straight razors for hundreds of years.

Instructions for beginners can be found here:

Most straight razor shavers here (about a third of active members) will guide you on your journey into the gentlemanly art of straight razor shaving.
Thanks so much for that. Will read this in depth. Thanks to you mate, I probably will embark on that SR trail, though I still have to learn how to hone one.

Welcome, @Bladerunner7.
Any Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?
Thanks much Mate. It's a pity that Hauer rewrote that. Loved the original to bits -

"I've seen things... seen things you little people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion bright as magnesium... I rode on the back decks of a blinker and watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments... they'll be gone."

Thanks so much for that. Will read this in depth. Thanks to you mate, I probably will embark on that SR trail, though I still have to learn how to hone one.
Hence why you need two straight razors; one that is shave ready and the other to learn to hone with.

The shave-ready SR can be maintained indefinitely on just a single 0.1µm diamond pasted balsa strop. Instructions are here:

Instructions on how to hone economically can be found here:

I recommend that you get the two "free" SRs now available in PIF No. 11 before there are no more left.

Hence why you need two straight razors; one that is shave ready and the other to learn to hone with.

The shave-ready SR can be maintained indefinitely on just a single 0.1µm diamond pasted balsa strop. Instructions are here:

Instructions on how to hone economically can be found here:

I recommend that you get the two "free" SRs now available in PIF No. 11 before there are no more left.
On for it definitely then. That's so kind of you Mate.

Welcome!

I was done with my neck, it looked like Edward Scissorhands had a go. I had nine nicks and three weepers, called them the Bloody Dozen.

If you do go down the path of straights, keep in mind it's okay to take your time and take small steps. You can just shave your cheeks to start, and maybe half a centimeter towards your neck and finish off with a DE. Then add a bit more the next time, etc.

Rome was not built in one day and that experience will give you confidence.

Speedy My buddy, I meant just a couple, just two Bro. Not a threesome. straight clean and legal, like husband and wife. Ha ha ha.

bd7oU3r.gif