Hello from rural NSW.

Rural Rambler

G'Day!
I've been wetshaving for approximately 4 years, mainly using exactly the same setup: an antique store find Gillette Executive, an Omega professional 49 boar and whatever soap or cream I happen to have laying around. I adore the process of wetshaving comparatively speaking versus what I began with as a teenager (canned goo and cart system).
I also shave my head with my DE, although I have used headblade systems in the past I find nothing copares to the ease and closeness of a DE.

Anyhow - figured I might introduce myself ☺
Thanks for having me, Gents.

G'Day!
I've been wetshaving for approximately 4 years, mainly using exactly the same setup: an antique store find Gillette Executive, an Omega professional 49 boar and whatever soap or cream I happen to have laying around. I adore the process of wetshaving comparatively speaking versus what I began with as a teenager (canned goo and cart system).
I also shave my head with my DE, although I have used headblade systems in the past I find nothing copares to the ease and closeness of a DE.

Anyhow - figured I might introduce myself ☺
Thanks for having me, Gents.

Pulling no punches in his first post!! Don't worry Rural Rambler...just one of our little inside jokes :D

Welcome aboard mate. Well done on four years of keeping things simple, hanging around here could see your shave den grow exponentially though.

The executive is a really nice razor, what blades have you been using?

Welcome aboard mate. Well done on four years of keeping things simple, hanging around here could see your shave den grow exponentially though.

I echo SYD's welcome. Great to have you join us.

After keeping it simple for so long, hanging around here will only lead to various future purchases... We'll see how long you last! [emoji4]

Haha - I've hung around various other forums for these past years without acquiring anything except blades so I feel fairly safe for the time being.

I have recently become rather fond of soaps though, of which I have only one. No doubt I'll cave in and buy another puck at the very least.

In response to you, SmallYetDeadly - I use Astra SP blades. Any others I've tried just don't mesh with my face as well

Last edited:
Welcome mate. Great place here - brimming with Aussie spirit.

Whereabout in rural NSW are you mate? - I'm out near Canberra.

Haha - I've hung around various other forums for these past years without acquiring anything except blades so I feel fairly safe for the time being.

We're a little closer and so postage is a little cheaper...

It's a lot easier to follow the discussions around here compared to other forums. Too much overload, a certain amount of hype and a lot of PR make other forums an endless parade of the new and improved.

I think some forums are good for obscure shaving help or identification. But then again, we have @Mark1966 and @Monsta_AU for that!

Here there is less bull and more straight talking. No beating around the bushes... Just ask @Drubbing or @gthomas04!

Astra SP has a good share of fans. I can see it working well in the exec.

What other blades have you tried? We like to try and convert anyone new to our preferred blades hahaha! ...and sending a few blades in the post is about the cheapest thing we can share around :cool:

Astra SP has a good share of fans. I can see it working well in the exec.

What other blades have you tried? We like to try and convert anyone new to our preferred blades hahaha! ...and sending a few blades in the post is about the cheapest thing we can share around :cool:
True that.

I've tried from recollection: Derby, Wilkinson, Astra, Big Ben? ... thats all I can remember but I'm almost sure I've forgotten one or two.

I don't live IN deni, just near it. 8000 people isn't too large though - comparatively speaking to Newcastle where I used to reside.
Old D-Town. The Ute capital of Australia - sorry THE WORLD!

This isn't you is it mate?

870942-deniliquin-ute-gallery.jpg

Anyway, got your avatar sewn up mate.

0709_Deniliquin%202_230x280.jpg

I'm so confused! Will refrain from typing it again. Ha!
Don't worry mate there are a few rules here. Mostly to do with using the g-word, liking shit soaps like arko, use of smilies, using exclamation marks to try and validate a shit soap, contradicting GT or Drubs, fanboism, referring to a certain place as anything but YKW (who knows where), etc. No matter @Drubbing will be along shortly to set you straight. Oh boy, you're in for a real treat mate!!

Don't worry mate there are a few rules here. Mostly to do with using the g-word, liking shit soaps like arko, use of smilies, using exclamation marks to try and validate a shit soap, contradicting GT or Drubs, fanboism, referring to a certain place as anything but YKW (who knows where), etc. No matter @Drubbing will be along shortly to set you straight. Oh boy, you're in for a real treat mate!!

This just gets sweeter with every post :cautious:

At first it was faint but it is getting louder, now it's unmistakable - definitely the Imperial March is playing and the Lord Vader is getting closer.