Hello from rural NSW.

I'm very curious about what percentage of members never come back after they post a welcome thread - we set a high bar for involvement ...

I'm very curious about what percentage of members never come back after they post a welcome thread - we set a high bar for involvement ...
What? Intros are the site's 'face time'. The only time we show some semblance of humanity, where we interact with some level of civility - like when we first met our in-laws (you remember before getting married). Otherwise we return to our positions, the Mods lording it over us - changing our post content on a whim - and us newbies and other plebeians absorb this tyranny amusing our betters with petty infighting and living in the faint hope that one day we can rise further up the heap. The only consolation is that the new guy will hold some promise, will help you up a step in the mire, to reach every higher towards RMdom. Not quite sure if we're more like a bad marriage or a bunch of masons?

I love this place! Long live to Poo-Bah!

And can I just say JugV2 is handsome and never alters anyone's posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why do you think I've never posted my own???

I think the serious gent is well catered to online. We fill a vital niche for the whackier shaver, the shaver who craves social interaction (without violating his parole) and blokes who want a better shave without having to pretend he is some quasi-nobleman from the 1800's.

If we don't strike the "newbie" as people he would like to chat to or have a beer with at least it's not because we're all hiding behind a facade. I'd like to think we don't have to try and appeal to everyone and the board is still a wealth of wet shave info and tips.

Well done lads. Give yourselves a pat on the back IMHO!

Why do you think I've never posted my own???

I think the serious gent is well catered to online. We fill a vital niche for the whackier shaver, the shaver who craves social interaction (without violating his parole) and blokes who want a better shave without having to pretend he is some quasi-nobleman from the 1800's.

If we don't strike the "newbie" as people he would like to chat to or have a beer with at least it's not because we're all hiding behind a facade. I'd like to think we don't have to try and appeal to everyone and the board is still a wealth of wet shave info and tips.

Well done lads. Give yourselves a pat on the back IMHO!
Hear, hear!!!! Well said mate. Very well said!
Fuck it, as a plebeian non-Mod, I'm risking the use of a smilie (y)

That's a very odd thing for you to say Stills, but good for you for not being afraid to say what you're thinking.

Don't let society dictate how you feel.

Give the guy a break. He probably doesn't realise he needs to check in every hour like you blokes.
It isn't included in the welcome email ?

yeah...this place is going to be a ghost town the two weeks SH is away!
Not sure if that's a complement or a dig. I'll go with the former just to remember you all fondly. Anyway I'll be off the air soon so you'll all be spared my inane chatter, think of it as a holiday for us all. [emoji57]

Not sure if that's a complement or a dig. I'll go with the former just to remember you all fondly. Anyway I'll be off the air soon so you'll all be spared my inane chatter, think of it as a holiday for us all. [emoji57]
I will miss you.

Where are you going Stills?

A friend of mine just took long service leave, sick leave, unpaid leave and a few tree leaves to have a whopping three months off.

You're going somewhere with no internet connection? Where on earth is that? Are you mad?

Welcome to our club, Rambler. Great to have another enthusiast join the crew.

I have very fond memories of Deniliquin. When I was a kid we spent the May school holidays in the nearby town Mathoura. We spent most of our time fishing but usually visited Deni for lunch at the RSL club and a trip to the wildlife park. Wasn't Disneyland but we loved it. Revisited Mathoura a few years ago and a local was strongly urging me to attend the Ute Muster in Deni. Sounded like the must see event of the year.
Mathoura is a fantastic little town!
The ute muster really is the "big time" calendar event round these parts, but I've yet to witness the banter first hand. Soon perhaps.

Nothing better than finding your own little disney land. The RSL has jacked up thier prices so I don't tend to go for a feed there anymore unfortunately.

Loving the banter on this site.

G'Day rural,

Just new hear myself. Any soaps ect. feel free to ask and if I have used it I'll be sure to give you my experience with them.