Incoming packages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish Floid has arrived, So has the Simpson's Berkeley.

The Floid came from Vintage Scent and only stuffed at the neck with a few packing peanuts. God knows how it got here in one piece.

The Berk is a nice looking piece. The B&B brush fussies will be pleased to know the sticker is perfectly placed and straight, and the engraving stamp of the model is a nice classy touch. Saw the B&B thread for a size comparo before buying, and the handle is about the size of the 830, but the knot is 10mm shorter - and a Best Badger, which feels pretty much like Rooney's Silvertip grade. So not comparable with either brush really!

Will post more on these in the right places later on.

Blade sampler from razormonsta has arrived, was on my desk when I got into work just now.

Cheers razormonsta!

Blade sampler from razormonsta has arrived, was on my desk when I got into work just now.
Plenty of blades to slice yourself up real good there..... glad that it finally arrived, was getting a little concerned.

Still waiting for my Muhle.
Think it might be lost in transit.
=(
It takes 2 weeks minimum from the UK/Eire.... and if he could not get into the post office the same day and then it missed that flight then it could sit for another day or two. Plus Customs at this end can be painful sometimes, holding the package for 2-3 days for no particular reason.

Give it to the end of the week.

Plenty of blades to slice yourself up real good there..... glad that it finally arrived, was getting a little concerned.

It was probably at the Post Office Friday but my Office Manager bunked off early Friday and didn't go check the post.

Upon opening the package at my desk, it sparked curiosity amongst the guys and I think we have another convert!

Excellent. I am definitely not sending the Traveller Kit over for a visit..... that may spark rioting.

Yeah more than likely.

He's probably gonna hit the Wetshave Beginner kit on MensBiz.

Yeah more than likely.

He's probably gonna hit the Wetshave Beginner kit on MensBiz.

Well he used my MensBiz account and ordered a Wetshave Beginner kit today.

Converted another cart user..

DIE MACH3 DIE

my TOBS cream sampler pack and Thayers unscented witch hazel came in from MB yesterday - of course i sniffed all the creams and i'm honestly a little disappointed, not too much there that really caught my attention in a good way. Will use out my TOBS SJS tub (150g), use 4 or 5 of the samplers and then maybe PIF the rest.

Do any other cream makers do a good sampler pack? I'd love to find a good citrus or coconut scented cream. Maybe some lighter/fresh forest scents (NOT flowery/soapy as many tend to be).

Thanks guys.

If you want a Coconut, Trumpers is considered the best by a large margin. Some say it is their best cream.

As for (any) Citrus, you are probably looking at Art of Shaving (aka AOS) Lemon. Very highly regarded.
Other good Citrus would be either of the other two "T's" - Truefitt & Hill Extract of West Indian Limes, or Trumper Lime.

I'd love to see a grapefruit/bergamot scent in a cream.... and maybe a touch of Sandalwood to round it out. Unfortunately nobody makes it.

As for a more 'Woody' one, maybe Speick/La Troja is for you? I have the La Troja stick which still smells soapy but definitely has a more leathery/herb scent to it.

EDIT: I just had a heap of PermaSharps arrive today (7 O'Clock Indian Greens, not the russians which I have ~200 of)

How long ago did you order? Am eying some of their Trumpers? Trade-off delviery time vs extra cost in Aus...

Still waiting for my Jermyn from MensBiz. I had hoped it would be here today, but no luck.

Tomorrow then.

jbank, my order from shaving.ie was just under two weeks.

i've got another shaving cream sampler coming, this time from Queen Charlotte's Soaps;
- First scent - Cedarwood-Lemongrass
- Second scent - Key Lime
- Third scent - Rose
- Fourth scent - Vostok Lite
- Fifth scent - Unscented (vegan)

After recieving the TOBS cream sampler earlier in the week from MensBiz and being disappointed with most of the scents, I'm on a quest to find at least two creams that I really like, and just stock up on those.
Still yet to find/smell "old faithful"; Proraso though.

Would have expected it to be here by now. Usually bang on 2 weeks for me - I am expecting a package on Friday or next Monday.

Did you pay for the registered or just normal post?

Thanks guys so somewhere between 2-3 weeks which isn't bad - I am waiting on some Moma Bears Good Morning Honey from Himage ordered last night, hopefully comes tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.