January 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads Up - there is another Kamisori available like the one I posted above. Search the 'bay for "Kenwa Kamisori" to pull it up. But be careful - you'll get 4 or 5 hits that look to be the same razor at first glance. All but one however have wedge or 1/4 hollow grinds rather than the extra hollow grind on mine.

Happy Hunting (y)

Heads Up - there is another Kamisori available like the one I posted above. Search the 'bay for "Kenwa Kamisori" to pull it up. But be careful - you'll get 4 or 5 hits that look to be the same razor at first glance. All but one however have wedge or 1/4 hollow grinds rather than the extra hollow grind on mine.

Happy Hunting (y)

Nice!

We actually have a 'Heads Up' section of the site - http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/forums/heads-up.56/ with a thread dedicated to making others aware of items that may be of interest. You can post live auction links there without any issues.

There is also a 'Don't Bid...' thread too :)

Thanks @Mark1966 - I was blissfully unaware of that mate. Maybe we need a guide for using the site and the correct threads for different things, and a guide for new members of the forum too?

Good idea mate. Will work on a sticky to put up in the Welcome Mat!

Well, this is very ordinary compared to what many of you post, but it's MY FIRST ORDER of real shaving stuff, so *I'm* excited!

Thanks to The Shaver Hut for my goodies.

20160105-shaving-goodies.jpg

My first razor arrived - Edwin Jagger DE89BA11-BL; I rather fancied the look of the "Barley" knurling. I'd trying the Tabac because I have used Tabac aftershave and cologne since the 1970's. We shall see about the Coconut Shave cream too.

Good job I have never done any of this before - I can't be pressured into a sabbatical!

Well, this is very ordinary compared to what many of you post, but it's MY FIRST ORDER of real shaving stuff, so *I'm* excited!

My first razor arrived - Edwin Jagger DE89BA11-BL; I rather fancied the look of the "Barley" knurling. I'd trying the Tabac because I have used Tabac aftershave and cologne since the 1970's. We shall see about the Coconut Shave cream too.

Good job I have never done any of this before - I can't be pressured into a sabbatical!

WOW - pretty awesome first order!

You will fit in here just fine :)

WOW - pretty awesome first order!

You will fit in here just fine :)

Thanks! Oh, did I mention I'm waiting for two other orders to arrive......? I just *HAVE* to try the Occams range.

I daren't visit Shaver Heaven for a while yet.......

Thanks! Oh, did I mention I'm waiting for two other orders to arrive......? I just *HAVE* to try the Occams range.

I daren't visit Shaver Heaven for a while yet.......

... add The Stray Whisker to that list too ... ;)

Wow. Anyone who orders 2 pucks of Tabac as their first order is doing something right. Well done.
What brush did you get?

Brilliant first order mate. The Tabac and TOBS Coco are both stellar. If you are keen to try some other blades, PM me your address and I'll post you some.

Happy shaves!

Wow. Anyone who orders 2 pucks of Tabac as their first order is doing something right. Well done.
What brush did you get?

Well, my darling wife with whom I had discussed my interest in wet shaving, decided to buy me a brush for Xmas, and the only shaving shop she knew of was The Shaver Shop. It is a Wahls SilverTip Pure Badger. It seems OK to me - but I have nothing to compare it with. I have ordered a synthetic and will eventually try a horse and a boar as well.

My anti-Sabbatical post:

MAIL CALL

Got four parcels today - about fucking time ArsePost

1. My Puma back from @Lynchy-Snr who held it for a bit on a razor exchange program. Thanks mate

2. My newest film camera arrived - Olympus OM2n w/- 24/2.8 and 50/1.8...I know it means nothing to you philistines

3. My new straight. A Parker 567 to restore. Oh yeah!...I think it were @Mark said these were OK.
12439200_10204123249439961_108384536006536064_n.jpg

4. My latest order form Shaver Heaven - the Peppermint Plus (oh this smells just my thing) and the LEA Classic. Always been curious so big thanks to @Anthony for stocking the good Euro stuff!!!!
12509392_10204123249719968_1693805047174823664_n.jpg

This shelf needs a little more Shaver Heaven me thinks...

10628083_10204123253920073_4400079200506854652_n.jpg

...oh yeah and just to celebrate not being on sabbatical I bought a bottle of Acqua Di Gio to go with my SV70.

original_CW.jpg

Oh yeah!
(....and don't pity them fools on sabbatical this year, you should have seen how they ribbed me last year!)

2. My newest film camera arrived - Olympus OM2n w/- 24/2.8 and 50/1.8...I know it means nothing to you philistines

I cannot remember exactly when but I got and still have my first OM-1 - late '70's I would think., 3 Hasselblads with lovely lenses, 5 5x4's a 5x7, a 10x8 full black and white darkroom and no digital of any worth. Oh and a freezer full of 5x4 B&W film stock. Not to mention far too many lenses dating back to at least 1880. Straight razors and LF photography seemed a logical choice.

I cannot remember exactly when but I got and still have my first OM-1 - late '70's I would think., 3 Hasselblads with lovely lenses, 5 5x4's a 5x7, a 10x8 full black and white darkroom and no digital of any worth. Oh and a freezer full of 5x4 B&W film stock. Not to mention far too many lenses dating back to at least 1880. Straight razors and LF photography seemed a logical choice.

Wow. Are you Ansel Adams or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.