January 2016 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My anti-Sabbatical post:

MAIL CALL

Got four parcels today - about fucking time ArsePost

1. My Puma back from @Lynchy-Snr who held it for a bit on a razor exchange program. Thanks mate

2. My newest film camera arrived - Olympus OM2n w/- 24/2.8 and 50/1.8...I know it means nothing to you philistines

3. My new straight. A Parker 567 to restore. Oh yeah!...I think it were @Mark said these were OK.
12439200_10204123249439961_108384536006536064_n.jpg

4. My latest order form Shaver Heaven - the Peppermint Plus (oh this smells just my thing) and the LEA Classic. Always been curious so big thanks to @Anthony for stocking the good Euro stuff!!!!
12509392_10204123249719968_1693805047174823664_n.jpg

This shelf needs a little more Shaver Heaven me thinks...

10628083_10204123253920073_4400079200506854652_n.jpg

...oh yeah and just to celebrate not being on sabbatical I bought a bottle of Acqua Di Gio to go with my SV70.

original_CW.jpg

Oh yeah!
(....and don't pity them fools on sabbatical this year, you should have seen how they ribbed me last year!)

Ribbed you? Really?

The EDT doesn't count as shave gear of course. ;)

Wow. Are you Ansel Adams or something??

No, :) but I did spend a month in 2005 and a month in 2006 at Yosemite and the Sierra and across to Bodie and Tonepah in Nevada staying with a fellow photographer. It was a desire of mine to get to Monument Valley but time and distance was against me. None the less I did fulfill a boyhood fantasy to photograph Half dome from Glacier Point with my large format camera.

I cannot remember exactly when but I got and still have my first OM-1 - late '70's I would think., 3 Hasselblads with lovely lenses, 5 5x4's a 5x7, a 10x8 full black and white darkroom and no digital of any worth. Oh and a freezer full of 5x4 B&W film stock. Not to mention far too many lenses dating back to at least 1880. Straight razors and LF photography seemed a logical choice.

You are a man after my own heart!

I hear ya, straights and film make sense. It's about getting it right....in the moment!

No LF for me. But my 120 TLR should arrive shorty...fingers crossed!

One of my favourite TLR's was a c330 because you could use interchangeable lens. And the picture quality was superb.

I confess to a bad case of camera acquisition disorder over the years.

So, I've made a few purchases over the last few weeks. All have arrived. Here is a summary. Sorry if I've already mentioned some.

Razors:
Gold Aristocrat
Gold old type

Brushes:
Vie Long white horse fan shape
Semogue OC 2 band badger in cherry

Soaps:
Shaver Heaven Dragon Noir
I Coloniali mango soap

Blades:
100 Dorco Prime Platinum

Not exactly shaving related (will not be many of those this year) -

Just some light reading for the beach on the Australia Day long weekend.

Rikishia_zpsoks6ovoy.png

Tanifuji Rikishia 888

Rikishia2_zpstp1otvvn.png

Couldn't resist another Tanifuji - brilliant steel, brilliant fit and finish, brilliant shaves (y):)(y)
Stunning! Wow. I think you certainly have the eye for the purdy ones!

Postie delivered an Azuma western style straight, a 5"x2" Translucent Arkansas and a spare slurry stone for the C12k.

Honed the Azuma yesterday on the Arkansas progression Soft/Hard/Black and Translucent and was surprised at how soft the metal was and how nice the resultant edge was. Shaved very well.

@Draco Noir an excellent Tanifuji. You have a wonderful eye for style and design.

... he put in a stick of Tabac (my first time I have had this soap). ...

Note this from Mr Suds himself! Never had Tabac previously - had to correct that! :)

As well as the below from Shave Revolution.

8500b8f71f3c115893efe134199c0d07.jpg
Hail Hydra!
Yep. The good Anne Bonny is a merry soap to get into a lather. [emoji106] A very pleasant scent indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.